Chapter 1

Mature content in this chapter.
If you can't read smut or are underage, you can leave now.

...

Princess Y/n was tired.
She was sitting on a king sized bed with white silk sheets that had white curtains draped all around it. Her heavy jewelry and wedding dress were weighing down on her shoulders as she sat there, hiding her face behind the big veil.

It was her wedding night

She'd married her fiance over the course of last few days in various ceremonies and knew this was the last step.

Her King would be coming to their wedding chamber any moment and she was terrified.

The princess knew her betrothed since she was a little girl but had never met him until the wedding. Over the wedding rituals, she'd barely managed to look at the young ruler's side profile a few times and knew he was pretty handsome but the stories she'd heard preceded his reputation.

Her husband was known as a cruel and ruthless man. He upheld the justice for everyone equally, there was no doubt about his judgement and intentions, but he executed his punishments publicly in the most humiliating way and with no mercy.
He had a very short temper and sharp tongue. The man had gained acquisition over two neighboring estates within two years of his tenure and he was barely 26.

Just as she was pondering over how they'll initiate their first conversation, the chamber door slid open before closing again. She heard the tell tale sign of a lock sliding in place and she gripped the bedsheets tightly. The man on the other side of drapes cursed and she heard him shrugging off his boots and cloak.

The princess knew what was coming but knowing didn't make the nervousness any less. She looked through the veil as the silhouette of her king parted the drapes aside and crawled onto the bed.

The newly married queen patiently waited for her groom to settle the sheets around them properly and gather whatever thoughts were running in his mind. She tensed as the king cleared his throat, ready to address her, still behind the curtain of her veil.

"Princess Y/n."

His deep voice rumbled in an otherwise silent night and the girl took a deep breath to ebb away the shock before humming in acknowledgement.

"Princess Y/n!?."

Confused a little, she thought he didn't hear her.

"Yes, Your Majesty. "

She whispered and focused her gaze on his shadow. Her king cocked his head from one side to the other in contemplation and she straightened her shoulders, trying to be brave.

"You are aware of what is to be expected of us? "

He asked and his bride nodded reluctantly. She'd been told of her duties since she was old enough to understand.