Chapter Twenty-Two

To be honest, guys, I have absolutely no idea where I'm going with this, but you all seem to like it so much, so I have to write SOMETHING! If you have any ideas or requests for how this story should go, please let us know!

~Lizardgurl and Ninjabeetle

Mar'i's restrainer was unprepared for her super-strength, which made quite an unpleasant surprise as she threw him over her head into the wall.

Sandy grabbed Garth to pull him out of the way of the flying ninja and crashed into the wall as well. But she could sense something behind it.

"D- Aqualad!" She corrected herself quickly. Kaldur came over quickly, well aware of her almost-verbal-typo.

"Do you feel that?" She asked, running her hand of the wall.

Aqualad copied her, and he felt it too. "How did you-?"

"I learned from the best," She gave him a modest smile.

Dragonfire and Garth, with room to stretch at last, spread their wings and flew, doing what they did best. They electrocuted ninjas at will, zapping one here and one there with a bird's-eye view. Or in this case, dragon's-eye-view.

"Good job, garth!" Dragonfire said. Garth grinned in reply, nudging his young mother with his elbow, "I learned from the best."

Even though the burritos still made him woozy, Cardinal had no trouble getting up and attacking the wave after wave of ninjas that came out of nowhere.

"Yo, Clark!" He shouted over to his fellow red-head. Clark slammed two ninjas' heads together and looked over at Cardinal, who was already running towards him.

"Plan B!"

Robin and Superboy seemed to have the same idea, and both of the guys with super-strength grabbed their ninja friends and threw them at the oncoming ninjas.

"Good thing we didn't have to use Kryptonite this time, huh?" Robin asked Connor.

"You're tellin' me!" Supey said before going back to attacking the ninjas.

Iris tried not to loose her focus as she shot arrow after arrow at the ninjas. Her mother stood at her back, doing the same thing.

"Do you have calluses?" Iris asked suddenly.

Artemis nodded. "They're the worst, aren't they?"

Iris rolled her eyes. "Especially when the guy you like asks you to dance and he holds your hands in the most awkward way to avoid the calluses.

Artemis laughed at her daughter's naivete. "Wanna know what works? Foot lotion. The thick stuff. Wear it to be each night with some gloves to hold the mess in. Works like a charm."

"Really?"

Artemis nodded. "A trick I learned from my mom."

Iris made a note of that. Her mother was just so strong and perfect, it didn't seem that she'd have the same problems that Iris and her sisters did. But this...this teenager was so imperfect, so like Iris, it was just easier to talk to her.

Suddenly, Iris heard a scream, and then she remembered to focus. Using a high-density polyearthane foam arrow, she trapped the four ninjas sneaking up on her mother.

Artemis grinned at her daughter, before using the same arrow on a few ninjas sneaking up on Iris.

Artemis shrugged at Iris's shocked expression. "Like mother, like daughter."

James was quickly taking out ninjas alongside Angelica with the combined use of their sonic cannons. But not quick enough.

"AH!" Someone screamed. He knew the voice too well.

"Diana!" He cried. His scarab spotted her immediately, surrounded by ninjas with a gash in her bow arm. With a few quick staples, the ninjas were taken care of. James flew in and grabbed Diana, taking her to what he supposed would be the safest place on the battlefield.

"You okay?" He asked, setting Diana down by Rocket.

"Yeah, but I lost my bow." She quipped. "N-not that it's your fault or anything!" She quickly amended.

"Good, stay here." James told her. He was about to fly off, when shy Diana, in a burst of courage, grabbed his arm and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you." She whispered. She let him go and backed up so that Rocket could put a shield around her, like she had done with Zat earlier.

Zat, at the moment, was busy trying not to loose his cool with the Witch Boy who had the nerve to flirt with his mother.

"Part mih!" Zatanna cried, pointing her hand at Klarion. The devil boy smirked.

"Baby Magic." He dismissed. Teekl, the cat which strangely resembled the cat Zat's mom had back at home, in the future, and Teekl ran at Zatanna, turning into a huge were-cat.

Zatanna tried every spell she could think of, but it was futile. Teekl batted her away with a giant paw, and that mad Zat mad.

"Okay," He growled at Klarion. "All bets are off."

Without realizing it, Zat's vision became tinted red again. For some reason, Zat's glowing eyes made Klarion both scared and pleased.

Floating in the air, and surrounded by strands of black magic mana, Zat zapped Teekl, who returned to his original form. Then he turned back to Klarion.

"Leave-" He slapped Klarion with a giant red fist, "-my-" the fist tore some metal from the ceiling, "-mother-" the fist formed the metal into a cage, -"ALONE!" The cage slammed down over Klarion, eminating a sonic wave that knocked down the rest of the assassins. The wave knocked down the young heroes, but they weren't unconcious like the assassins they were fighting.

Unfortunately, neither were the other members of the Light.

With Klarion down, Zat faced them.

"So." His voice echoed in the cold, metal room. "Who's next?"