I grabbed Alex tightly. I didn’t want them to take me.

“William,” Alex said angrily as he pressed me back against his chest.

“Fuck,” William mumbled. “I am sorry, Sunshine. I didn’t mean to take you from Alex. I just need you to turn around, okay? I need you to drink your tea while it’s still warm.”

“It’s okay, baby,” Alex whispered. “I won’t let you go.”

I nodded and let Alex turn me around. My eyes fell on Elijah. He smiled at me and leaned in to kiss my cheek.

“I love you, honey,” he said softly.

Lucas took my hand in his and squeezed it tightly.

“Here you go, Sophia,” William said as he handed me the cup of tea. “Drink it slowly, okay?”

“The soup will be ready soon,” Elijah said as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

“Did you bring the medicine?” Alex asked someone.

“Yes,” I heard his voice and I tensed up.

Alex tightened his hold on me.

I looked up and saw Damien staring at me with so much pain in his eyes that I wanted to scream. He looked terrible. He looked like he wanted to scream.

“Good,” Alex said. “Get out. I will call you if she needs anything else.”

Wait…

What?

“Alex…,” Elijah spoke, but Alex interrupted him.

“No,” he said sternly. “I won’t let him hurt her again. Get out, Damien.”

My eyes widened a little. I could see Damien’s heart breaking.

“I am sorry, Sophia,” he said, his voice breaking. “I am so fucking sorry. I would never let anyone take you from us. I would never give you away. I don’t know why I said it. I…”

His voice broke and he lowered his head.

“I love you, Soph,” he mumbled as he looked back up at me. “I love you so much.”

My eyes widened

He did? He loved me?

“Great,” Alex said coldly. “Get out.”

Damien looked at him and nodded.

“Let me know if she needs anything,” he said before he turned around and rushed out of the room.

Alex tightened his hold on me. He kissed my temple and rested his head on top of mine.

“Drink your tea, baby,” he said softly. “You need to warm up a little.”

I was staring at the door.

Damien loved me? How was that even possible? Why would he say those things if he loved me? Why would he scare me like that? Why was he always so cold and distant if he loved me?

Was it a different kind of love? I wasn’t sure. I couldn’t tell. I had never experienced love before coming to live with my brothers so I wasn’t able to tell.

But hurting someone was never a sign of love.

Right?

“I am going to go check on the soup,” Elijah said as he kissed my temple and stood up.

“Drink your tea, Sunshine, come on,” William said. “You need to take your pills with it.”

I listened to him and took a small sip of tea. My eyes were still on the door. I was thinking about Damien.

“Pills, baby,” Alex said as he put the pills in my hand.

I put them in my mouth and took another sip of tea.

Alex cupped my cheeks and made me look at him. He sighed and kissed my forehead.

“I hate to see you crying,” he mumbled.

I was crying? I didn’t even realize it.

“I will never let him hurt you again, Sophia,” Alex said. “I promise. You never have to see him again if you don’t want to.”

What was he talking about?

“He is her brother, Alexander,” William said sternly. “I know that you are angry at him, we all are, but you can’t do that.”

Alex looked at William and narrowed his eyes.

“Oh, yes I can,” he said. “If she says that she never wants to see him again, I won’t let him near her. I am not letting him take my sister away from me. I am not letting her get hurt because of him again.”

My eyes widened.

I would never say that. I wanted to see Damien again.

Their Hidden Treasureजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें