00| Castelia City

⋅𖥔⋅ Arc I | A City to Behold ⋅𖥔⋅

If you asked Cielle what came to mind when she thought of Unova, there were three things: Pokéstar Studios, the current Champion, and Castelia City. Why Castelia and not Nimbasa, Virbank, or Opelucid? That's because Castelia City was the worst city to live in.

As the biggest city in Unova, Castelia boasted skyscrapers that could touch the twinkling stars in the sky. They towered over everyone and everything, making them look like insignificant Joltek compared to their size. People hustled from one end of the city to the other for work, play, or good old-fashioned battling. Many enjoyed this fast-paced lifestyle where everything was 'go, go, go!'

Tourists or those who would come to challenge the Pokémon Gym would stare in awe at such a marvelous city. Why wouldn't you? There were so many things you could do here. But did everyone share the same feeling? No, not at all.

Cielle was one of the few people who loathed this city with every fiber of her being. Many would throw away their life savings to secure a spot here, but it didn't make much sense to her.

Sure, Cielle might be a bit dramatic by stating that the grandest city in this region was terrible, but when you've lived here your entire life, pessimism won over optimism. If you asked her to list every reason, it would probably take her two hours to list them all. Do you want to know the very first reason on that list? You could never get anywhere on time because of the absurd amount of people here.

If you weren't the one stuck in the neverending traffic at every intersection in a car, you were too busy trying to weave through the dozens of people traversing the sidewalk. The nineteen-year-old's hatred for the city didn't calm in the slightest. In fact, it was steadily growing as she was currently running late to work.

"I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!" As she sprinted down the crowded sidewalk, the mantra spilled from the brown-haired teenager's lips.

The soles of her worn black and white shoes slammed against the concrete, stirring up bits of dust. She clutched her arms to her chest, trying to appear as small as possible as she slithered through the crowd. She passed by irate and tired businessmen and women, excited trainers, grumpy civilians, and whoever else decided to venture on this Arceus-forsaken sidewalk. Due to how fast she was running, Cielle's scarlet backpack bounced back and forth, sometimes smacking her spine.

Honestly, it wasn't Cielle's intention to rush to work. It threw her whole schedule off, and given that she had to get ready on borrowed time, Cielle did not have the time to wrangle her hair into a neat ponytail. Instead, pieces of brown hair jolted around her, which she would have to fix later when she was in front of a mirror. The only strands not flying everywhere were the ones on the top of her head.

Was she wearing a hat or beanie? Nope. Aquamarine, her trusted Oshawatt (that's a lie, Aquamarine was incredibly lazy), decided that he was going to ride on the top of her head. Why? She had no clue, but it had become a habit since she had gotten him when she was ten.