twenty one

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: you are certified actually an idiot. ⋆·˚ ༘ *

[SCROLL TO VIEW}

[SCROLL TO VIEW}

chris isn't exactly known for making the brightest decisions. he's well aware of this. and it's his reckless behavior that leads him to agree to meet with jordyn today to 'talk'.

"you are certified actually an idiot." matt slides the phone back to chris, shaking his head.

chris told both his brothers about what was happening, because he tells them everything. and, well, as he expected they also think his idea is insane.

nick is hold his head in his hands, sitting at the counter next to matt while chris stands before both of them with his arms crossed.

"maybe she had a change of heart," chris cringes as the words come out because he knows how delusional it sounds.

"how do we share dna..." nick mumbles under his breath before lifting his head. "look, i'm telling you right now that meeting with your ex is a terrible idea."

matt nods along in agreement. "you gotta tell mars."

"but i'm trying to leave her out of it!"

nick rolls his eyes at his stubborn brother. "well too fucking late, she's already in it."

chris tosses his hands up at his sides defeatedly. "i mean i don't want her to worry about it."

"why are you so afraid to just tell her?"

and to answer that, chris doesn't really know how. at first he thought he worried mariah would lose interest if his past with jordyn kept getting in the way of things. but now he wonders if it'd be easier if they weren't together.

there's that reckless part of him that hopes mariah does choose to leave him. because isn't it easier to watch someone else walk away then have to do it yourself? chris knows the longer he keeps this from her, the more it will hurt her in the end. maybe it'll be enough for her to leave him.

when he told her that she deserved to have that perfect moment for someone to ask her to be their girlfriend, he meant it. chris just isn't so sure if that someone is meant be him.

"i— i'm not." chris swallows hard.

"not scared my ass," nick cuts him off before he can continue. "that's bullshit."