one

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHAPTER ONE: don't touch my
fries bitch. ⋆·˚ ༘ *

[CLICK TO WATCH]

[CLICK TO WATCH]

mariah sets her tripod with the camera on top of the dashboard, angling it towards herself and best friend, safia. the two girls each have their mcdonald's in their laps and seats comfortably reclined back.

she grabs her drink and presses start on the recording:

"hey guys it's mars here and i got mcdonald's!" she beams into the camera, holding up her drink and bag. "oh and today, we have a special guest-"

"bitch did you just introduce me as an after thought?" safia reels back in her seat in fake offense.

mariah turns away and snickers. "okay we're off to a great start," she quickly regains her composure. "this is my best friend safia and i decided to switch it up this week and do something a little different. we're gonna play kiss, marry, kill while eating."

"i could really go for a seafood boil right now..." safia looks down at her food with a small pout.

"you literally have food right in front of you." mariah squints at her friend.

safia stuffs a fry into her mouth. "i'm always thinking of my next meal, you know this!"

"okay let me get a bite of my sandwich first, you look for our first three picks."

"let's do hype house people." safia grabs her phone. "they're hot."

mariah makes a face, shaking her head. "some of them are my mutuals." she says with a small mouthful of her burger.

"oh? ...you tryna slide josh my number?"

"safi!"

"what?! he's fine as hell."

mariah takes a sip of her sprite. "he's not even in hype house anymore."

"damn it." safia curses under her breath. "fine then, just tik tokers in general."

mariah glances at the camera and then back at safia. "okay, so who we got?"

"bryce hall, josh richards, and jaden hossler." safia reads each name. "can i go first?"

"yeah."

"fuck jaden, marry josh, kill bryce."

"safi, that's not the game. it's kiss, marry kill." mariah presses her lips together to hide her grin.

"oh, my bad. i forgot we were playing the pg version." safia takes a small sip of her drink. "your turn bae."

"okay, okay." safi uses her phone again, scrolling through her following list. "madison beer, loren gray, nailea devora."

"i know you did not just equate madison beer with tik tokers." mariah's jaw drops open.

"she posts on tik tok." her friend shrugs her shoulders.

"don't disrespect mother like that!" mariah crosses then her arms. "but anyways, kiss nai because she's bae and i love her videos. marry madison because she's my queen. and i'm sorry loren- you're so gorgeous but i have to kill you."

"i agree!" safia adds on.

mariah smiles, proudly, and digs into her bag for a fry. when her hand resurfaces empty, she furrows her brows at the camera and looks down into her bag. after a few seconds of looking, she lets out a gasp.

"what the fuck?!"

"what?" safi look at the girl in the driver's seat with confusion.

"they forgot my fries." mariah frowns, showing her empty bag to the camera. "i wanna die."

"aww babe." safia pokes her lip out.

mariah reaches over to safia's bag. "can i have one of yours?"

safia swats her hand away and clutches the bag to her chest. "don't touch my fries bitch!"

"okay, bitch. i drove us to get food." mariah holds her hand out impatiently.

"fine." safia slowly reaches into her bag and places the carton of fries into mariah's hand.

mariah takes the fries gratefully and stuffs a few into her mouth. "i drive this girl everywhere and she's still stingy with her food."

"i'm getting my license soon!"

"mhm."

"you know what i realized?" safia says after a moment.

mariah hums in response, happily chewing on her fries.

"we call each other bitch a lot."

"it's how we show our affection." mariah grins. "you know what this reminds me off?"

"what?"

"the sturniolo's."

safia squints her eyes. "the sturni-what?"

"the triplets!" mariah looks to see if that rings any bells for her friend, but she still looks just as clueless as before. "they make videos in their car like this, they're literally so popular? oh my gosh, we should rank them next."

"i don't really watch youtube anymore except for your vids. too many ads and it pisses me off."

mariah pulls out her phone and pulls up their page on instagram. "look." she shows the phone to safia.

"alright, i mean- i don't really know them so you rate them."

"easy." mariah starts. "kiss matt because he seems so sweet. marry nick because he's fucking hilarious and, yes, i know he's gay so it would be a platonic marriage! and kill chris. he gives off youngest child energy."

"babe, you are a youngest child."

"exactly." mariah holds up her finger. "so before his fans come attack me, just know that i am a youngest child and i know that we're annoying as hell."

safia cackles from her seat.

"now, who's next?"

notes

FIRST CHAPTER WHAT WE
THINKING??

ik it's super duper short, i just don't
wanna put too many different scenes
in one chapter ifykwim. alsoooo a little
commotion for the manip!! i tried to
make it look like a real youtube notif
sooo hopefully i did good :))

honestly the manips are the best part
abt writing social media fics for me