Chapter 25

Adams POV
According to the bible story of Adam and Eve, life began in a garden. When I first read the story of myself and Eve's biblical counterparts  I envied them. Born into a life where all they knew was happiness and contentment. No work, no suffering, not having to want for anything, it was all theirs to experience. The first humans.

When we were awoken it was nothing like that. Days stretched out with nothing to do but repeat the same tests and experiments over and over, and sit in our rooms separate from one another. There was some moments of happiness, which I clung to like a starving man clings to a slice of bread.

But know I realise that despite our different surroundings from the original Adam and Eve, our personalities matched them to a T. Whilst I a am 1.0 were too afraid to leave the garden at first. But both our Eves were brave enough to defy god and leave. Because they knew a life lived outside was far more interesting than staying confined to our ordained positions. The last seven years I've been trapped in my position on Big Alice, nothing more than a pawn on a chess board but now it's time to be the one to fight back and fight for all my brothers and sisters, on snowpiercer 1034 cars long.

I lean back in my seat. "It looks like we'll be in for an interesting day," I state bluntly. Javi doesn't answer. "The turn is 3 hours away, and then Melanie will really be gone." I point out the turn on the screen for the guards, "and then we'll have Wilford rule for the next, however long years." I snort and lean back in my seat "shame". They willingly chose this, . That what I can't get my head around. They had a chance at democracy and they chose dictatorship. Javi frowns at me. "You gonna be providing commentary all day?" He asks wearily. I shrug. "Might as well, I haven't had a new crowd to try my humour out on in a long time," and most people got bored by the first week. Javi shakes his head and plays with the controls a little. "Is Wilford gonna keep you here permanently?" He questions. I lean forward in confusion. "Why y, u ask?" He turns round." I'm just curious, or is he gonna get you all to come up here one by one? some sort of twisted mind game?" He looks defeated at the idea but angry as well. The guards approach and hit him a small bay. "Enough talk, you're here to work, not make friends." he glares at me, raising his club threateningly. "You too." I stare at him for a minute, analysing him and his pal "."Soouchy," I mutter as I turn round. They can't inflict too much damage, Wilford will have warned them not to. I mean, I could take a couple of hits, but they don't know that, and I'm certainly not going to tell them. After a few minutes, I decide to answer his questions, "Who knows, maybe you'll get to meet the whole family, we'll what's left of it anyway... think Eve would want that"
We glance at each other, and I offer a comforting smile. "They'll want to meet you too." With that, we return to our job of keeping big Alice running with snowpiercer. It's ridiculously difficult to do with limited communication. I argued this with Wilford, but he just shut me down and warned me to just follow his orders.

I stare out the window, watching at the tracks disappear out of sight, the snow swirling around in our wake. Suddenly, there's a desperate shriek, and a woman and man burst out from behind the curtains brandishing swords. I watch frozen in shock at their sudden arrival as they take out the guards with no mercy. The guards are taken out with very little resistance, and they stand up to survey Javi and I. I stare at the blood running out of the wounds on the mens chests stepping forward to get a better look out of sheer curiosity, the man waves his blade at me, I back away slowly eyeing the very sharp sword that could easily kill me in a matter of seconds "no, no, no, he's good. He's on our side, " Javi says, holding his arms out "yeah Adam, tell them you're good, " he urges me. I nod. "I want to help, for Eve," I say quickly. They eye me cautiously but place their swords down on a side table. Javi then lols at the dead guards and realises the situation. "Oh, my God. Oh, my God, " he says, starting to stress out."Calm down, " the man instructs. He pours a few glasses of whisky out. "Oh, my God."
He hands one to Javi and then awkwardly holds one out to me. "Can you even..."
He trails off awkwardly. I nod quickly and take the glass, downing the contents swiftly "okay guess you can," he laughs nervously. I take the bottle and pour another one. I sit down on the couch next to the woman. "Deep breath. It's just hospitality killing a man." She mumbles to herself, sipping the whiskey slowly. The man sits down. "You called us, yeah?" He tries to get Javi to talk. Javis eyes widen in amazement. "Holy shit, it worked. Did you guys get the note?"
He asks. I frown, so this is why they decided to come here, because of a note "We did it"