Chapter seventy-three

Depuis le début

The race was going really well for Ferrari, there were just about ten laps to go and it seemed like Ferrari could get a one-two on the podium, so Isa and I were quite excited! Max had to retire because he had some engine problems, so that really sucked. But at least Daniel in the other Red Bull car seemed to be able to finish the race, he was now fourth so it's all great.

I was standing close to the big screen looking at the times, while Isa was sitting behind on a chair, I kept giving her updates now and then. "So Carlos is in the lead with Charles right behind" I said, it was super close between the two Ferrari drivers. She didn't respond, I turned around and saw her sitting there in pain, so I rushed to her immediately. "Isa, what's wrong?" I asked and got down on my knees so I had a better look on her face, she didn't look good. "Something feels wrong Oli, everything hurts" she managed to say, and at that moment I knew I had to take her to the closest hospital. "Isa, listen to me now. I'm taking you to the hospital, I'm afraid you'd gone into labor.. Stay there, I'm gonna get someone to contact Carlos" I said and got up from the floor. "No Carlos cannot know yet, he's about to win for the first time in a long time" she said and tried to get up. "Okay, but please stay there. I'll be back in two seconds" I said and ran towards the garage where I found Carlos's manager and cousin, Carlos. "Carlos! Isa isn't feeling well, I'm scared she might have gone into labor already.. Please tell Carlos to come immediately after the race, okay?" I said and he looked shocked. "Yes of course, but the baby is not ready yet right?" he asked. "Exactly, and that's why I'm scared that what I'm thinking is true, I gotta take her now. Please make Carlos hurry. And also tell Charles where I am" I said. "I will, I promise. Take care of her, Olivia.. give her a hug from me" he said.. "I will, thanks Carlos" I said and headed out of the garage again.

I managed to get Isa out to a car without having anyone seeing us, then we drove towards the hospital. I had no idea how to navigate these streets, so thankfully I had google maps on my phone. After just fifteen minutes we arrived, and I quickly got some doctors to take Isa in, thankfully they understood perfectly english here, which I was kinda afraid they didn't.

Isa got checked and got a little something for the pain. "Isa, you are having this baby today no matter what" the doctor said and she almost couldn't hold back a tear. "But will he be able to survive that?" she asked. "He will be in the Nicu for a while, we can't say how he'll be, but we will do anything in our power to help your son" the very sweet doctor said. "How far along in the labor process is she? Her husband needs to be here!" I asked. "Let me just say, I hope he is on his way soon, because there isn't long till that baby comes," she said. "Oh no, I need Carlos here. I can't do this without him, Olivia" Isa said and held my hand, which she had been doing ever since coming here. "I know Isa, let me make a quick call" I said and then let go of her hand to find my phone, I then called Carlos to make sure they were on their way now. - "Olivia! Carlos just told me everything, how is Isa? How is the baby?" Carlos asked in panic, I had never heard him sound like this. "They both are good, but Carlos, the doctor said it won't be long until he's here, hurry! Isa is strong, but she needs you now, more than ever" I said. "I will, we are just a few minutes away.. Thanks for being there for her, Olivia!" Carlos said. "No need to thank me" I answered..

After just eight minutes both Carlos walked inside the room. I walked towards Carlos's cousin, so Carlos could come over to Isa. "Carlos and I are going outside and wait alright, good luck! I love you guys" I smiled and went to give both of them a hug. "I love you as well, and good luck.. We'll call your parents okay" Carlos said and hugged them as well. "We love you too" Isa smiled, even though she was laying there in pain. "Thanks, love you" Carlos smiled, and then we walked out of the room.. We found some coffee, and then we sat down in the waiting area, all excited and nervous..

Time flew by, and an hour had already passed and there was still no news on how things were going, who knew. Maybe he is already born, maybe something went wrong, maybe she's just still in labor, every single thought ran through my mind in this moment.