Chapter 4 - The Supper

As you sit there at the table, you notice something out of the corner of your eye, Terzo.

Terzo's gaze lingers on you, his face has no expression as if his eyes are starring right into your soul, suggesting a hint of uncertainty or perhaps a form of jealousy of your presence. His eyes narrow subtly as he observes you, and a faint furrow appears on his brow.

Time passes by as the papas, ghouls, and you savor the delectable dishes, the scent of the feast becomes a powerful sensory experience, evoking memories of shared meals. It's a reminder that the joy of coming together to celebrate transcends the boundaries of taste and aroma, creating a tapestry of connections and memories that linger long after the plates have been cleared.

As the evening progresses, you keep finding yourself occasionally catching Terzo's gaze, the sense of his careful lingering eyes. The atmosphere in the room remains festive, but there's an underlying tension that adds an intriguing layer to the event. You start to worry as to why Terzo is giving you those glances. 'Could he be jealous of the Cardinal and I?' you ask yourself.

You look towards the Cardinal as you watch him smile and have a lovely conversation with his ghouls. You tap him lightly on the shoulder and he turns to look at you in confusion. "What could be the problem y/n?" You look at him. "Well I am just wondering what time it could be, we have been here for a while" you proclaim. The cardinal looks at the time. "Oh that's right y/n it's 8:24, I think I have one more thing to show you." He softly smiles at you, you look up at the Cardinal with a worried look on your face. "Oh? what's wrong y/n? is it too late?"

You look down at your lap where your napkin lays, you grab the napkin and fold it up and place it on the table, you sigh. "I must be going Cardinal, it's a little too late and I think it's best if I make it home now." The Cardinal looks at you with a warm smile. "Of course! I will order one of the ghouls to take you home safely, don't want you walking home in the dark, especially in this weather? Oh you'll be very cold y/n." He softly lays his hand on your shoulder, "I'll make sure you get home safely, I promise" he says while he gives your shoulder a gentle squeeze.

You both walk up from the table and you thank everyone for the wonderful time you had, thanking Primo for the wonderful dinner he has prepared.

You notice Terzo from across the table still giving you those jealous eyes, you brush it off and ignore him. You thank the ghouls for the amazing dinner you had, saying your goodbyes. You and the Cardinal walk too the doors of the dining hall.

"Oh, just one moment." The Cardinal says, he walks over to one of the ghouls and asks them something but you can't hear what he says, you stand there and smile as he walks back to you. "Shall we?" he asks pointing to the door, you nod in politeness.

As you leave the dining hall, the Cardinal and you walk down the hall of the ministry. You think to yourself. 'It isn't as golden as it was before, it's more gentle and soft.'

The sun's warm light no longer fills the hallways of the ministry, replaced instead by the gentle glow of the moon. The once brightly lit corridors now bask in the moon's soft radiance, casting long shadows that dance along the walls and floors.

As you make it to the front doors where you were greeted at the beginning, you can hear tapping feet walking behind you, echoing through the ministry's walls.

"Hello y/n!" Swiss' voice can be heard from behind. You turn around and greet him with a smile as he smiles back.

"I hope you enjoyed the dinner y/n, I heard the other ghouls worked really hard to impress you"

"Impress me? oh Swiss you guys don't need to impress me, I was already amazed at everything before I even walked in"

Swiss smiles and begins to walk past you to the door, he holds the door open and as he does you notice a black limo waiting for you right outside the door steps.

"Hey uh.. y/n.." The Cardinals unsteady voice catches your attention, you look over to him as he walks to you. "I just want you to know that you can start working tomorrow if you would like." Your eyes widen and a smile forms across your face in excitement "REA- really?" You correct yourself containing your excitement.

"Absolutely y/n. You have shown that you deserve this spot and I may say.. the ghouls absolutely adore you and the papas as well. So tomorrow at 8:30am I will order a car to come by and pick you up, make sure you have your belongings packed."

"Belongings?" You look at the Cardinal in confusion.

"Oh did I forget to mention? oh i'm so sorry! As my assistant, as well as for all the other papa's. Assistants would have to stay here, with us, and since you are my assistant, you will be staying here."

You look at the Cardinal with a soft smile on your face. "Cardinal that sounds like a plan." He smiles back at you and waves you goodbye as you walk out the door.

You walk outside as the ministry doors close behind you. Once you reach the bottom of the stairs a ghoulette comes out of the driver seat and walks around the limo to open your door. "For you, y/n." She says as she opens your door. 'It's the woman from the telephone earlier today!' You think to yourself. Smiling, you climb into the limo and she closes the door behind you.

"It's about a 15 minute drive, I suppose that's okay right y/n?" The ghoulette says as she starts the engine. "Absolutely" You reply.

As you look out the window your eyes lay upon the ministry before you leave, the soft moonlight bathes the building's exterior in a delicate glow. The architecture, once grand and imposing in the daylight, now takes on a more subtle and mysterious allure.

The drive goes by quickly as you make it to your house. "Well we made it to your house y/n." The ghoulette says as she slowly pulls into park. Your house glows softly in the moonlight, its small blue exterior casting a serene aura. The gentle beams highlight the minor damages, adding character to the structure.

"You know I must say." The ghoulette looks behind her and at you as you sit on one of the seats. "I just had a feeling the Cardinal was going to like you, I could tell from the first moment you called." You feel happy and warm as the ghoulette compliments you. "By the way, my name is Cumulus." She says as she smiles and opens her door.

Cumulus opens the door for you, as you walk she gives you a warm hug, as you hug bag. "Welcome to the Clergy y/n. I'm excited too see you around the Ministry." Cumulus says with a smile, you reply back with a thank you. You wave and say goodbye as you walk into your house, and the ghoulette drives away.

You feel drowned and tired, as you take off your shoes you remember that you forgot something. "My bag?!" You proclaim you open the door too see that the limo has already left, you sigh and close the door. "Well it wouldn't matter, i'm going there tomorrow anyways." You say, walking to your room.

You turn on an alarm for 7:45am and wander to your bed, too tired to take off your clothes you jump in your comfortable and soft bed and drift away.