XV

▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄
╰┈ September of 2019,
in Singapore 🇸🇬

It's not been very long since I saw Valentina, but does feel like it's been forever! I miss her every day, just like when we were kids...

I need to focus on formula 1 and obtain the best results possible. But my mind keeps going to Val and how she still makes me feel the same way after all these years...

"Hey mate what are you daydreaming of?" Carlos interrupts my thoughts. We were on our way to do some media a press stuff for Ferrari.

"Val... I- I miss her mate..."

"She'll be back sooner than you think. Plus if she went away it was because she must've really need it." he was right, as much as Val doesn't like confrontations or whatever, she never backs downs neither gives up "Now at least don't let others see how you're feeling. You know that gossip will start to go around." yes, I need to act normal, like nothing happened.

As we arrived I see Lewis in the distance with a girl, her face is very familiar...

"Hey man how are you?"

"Hey Lewis, just preparing to do some media for Ferrari. Who's this beautiful lady beside you?"

"Jayne Knight, my girlfriend. You might have heard of her, she's a very famous model and singer."

"Oh that's why you looked familiar!" we laughed.

"H, we should get going if we don't wanna be late." Lewis nods and says goodbye "It was a pleasure to meet you Charles, au revoir." and they left. She seems nice.

Seeing them together, made me think of Val again. How much I miss us being together as a couple. Everything was so much easier back then, but we grew up... People change, but my feelings only grew deeper.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
hours ꕤ later

The press and media are finally done. The only thing left is for me to go greet the fans and I'll be done for today.

After signing pictures and random things and taking pictures and filming videos, I was finally done. I went to the private parking spot and sighed, I was exhausted.

"Are you too tired to talk?" I snap my head towards her voice, I knew exactly who it was, there was no mistake in that. She could just simply breath and I would know it's her "Hi Char."

"Val... You're back?" she nods smiling shyly. I get closer to her and gesture my arms in a way to ask her for a hug and she nods allowing me to do so. I wrap my arms around her and tighten my grip as if she would evaporate the moment I let her go. Her perfume enters through my nose and god knows how much I missed that sweet delicious scent "You actually came back..." I was telling that more to myself then her. Last time she disappeared she didn't say anything neither came back, well she did, but by coincidence. But this time it was different, I knew that when she left the letter, but still I was unsure if she would actually come back or not.

"Let's go somewhere to talk. I think I own you an explanation after all this years..." I let her go against my actual will and open my passenger door for her.

I don't know Singapore that well so I'll just drive to the hotel. This way we'll have privacy and there will be no chances of people interrupting our much needed talk.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
at the ꕤ hotel

"Come on in." we entered the room "Before we start do you mind if I take a quick shower? I got sweaty after what I did earlier." she nods and I grab a pair of grey sweatpants, a t-shirt and underwear to change afterwards "If you want to change clothes to feel more comfortable, you can grab anything from the closet and the suitcase. Make yourself comfortable." she nods again before I made my way to the bathroom.

The shower helped to relax and refresh my mind, for this next conversation. After all this time I will finally know what happened. I also will have a chance to be honest about my feelings towards her, even if she doesn't feel the same. We'll see how it goes.

I get dressed and as I leave the bathroom, I see Val with her heels off and a grey sweatshirt of mine over her tiny tight black dress. She appeared to be smelling the sweatshirt and she looked happy. Cute. When she notices she stops and looks embarrassed.

"I'm sorry I took the sweatshirt I jus-"

"Shh it's fine, I told you could grab it." this reminded me of old times. She would always wear my sweats because it had my scent on it and because they were very big on her. I sit on the bed in front of her and her eyes avoid mine "So..." she sighs.

"Ahh where to begin?" oh shit, it's really that bad... we'll probably stay all night awake, but I don't care, even I have the race tomorrow, I would stay all night awake just so we could talk.

Took me a while to upload something in here, since I have been busy with working and even deciding my possible future in university. But anyways, I'll try to upload more, but it will obviously depend on my free time to write :)

anyways thank you for all the love that Catch Me and the other stories have been receiving, it does truly mean a lot to me! Love you all <333