10

After my...Awakening, I did a little research on the DIVISION thing. The internet wasn't helpful at all.

It was Saturday and I was using Simone's laptop to do my research, watching a YouTube video every so often. Like I said before, the internet wasn't very helpful.

"What are you doing?" Simone asked over my shoulder, trying to get a peek of my research. I quickly closed the laptop.

I hadn't told anyone about my situation. I didn't want them freaking out and thinking I was crazy.

Heck, I wasn't sure if I was completely sane.

"Nothing," I lied, "Just browsing."

Simone gave me a look before nodding. "Okay," she said, sounding a bit skeptical, "don't talk to any creeps."

I rolled my eyes, "Of course I won't talk to any creeps. How old do you think I am? Nine?"

"I know, I know, just saying." She trailed off.

Simone left the room and I resumed my search.

Hours later, I still hadn't found much, just the names of different creatures like the Banshee, Manticore, Wendigo, etc.

Knowing some of these things could exist terrified me but if humans went this long without running into them, it should be fine.

Right?

I looked at the time, three o' clock. I had some time to visit Thomas.

If he was going to be there anyway.

I cleared my search history before shutting down the laptop. I planned to ride my bike to Thomas' house.

"I'm going out." I told my aunt before going out the door, she only hummed in response as she scrolled through social media on her phone.

I went out of the building and grabbed my bike. After saying hello to the old lady in the chair, Margaret. (Former owner of Margaret Apartments, hence the name.) I cycled to Thomas' house.

Yes, I said 'hello' to her.

When I walked inside the mansion, the blue- eyed boy was very happy to see me. At that moment I was finally sure this had to be real. You can't have the same hallucination twice, right?

There was no way this was my mind.

"You came!" He cheered, and I nodded, "I promised you I would come. Didn't I?" I tried to maintain a normal tone even though I was still very surprised at my new found ability.

Not telekinesis or anything but hey, seeing ghosts is also pretty cool.

Thomas nodded giving a sincere smile, "I thought you'd forget." I shook my head.

"I did some research on the DIVISION thing." I said, sitting down on the stair steps, Thomas sat beside me.

"The internet won't help you." He frowned.

I nodded, "Yes, I've realized that."

"Well, what did you find?" Thomas inquired and I shrugged, "Just a few creatures and conspiracy theories. I don't know if their real though."

"Have you seen any?" Thomas asked and I shook my head, "No."

"What about souls? Have you seen any other souls apart from me?"

"Yes," I said, "Margaret, she used to be the owner of the apartment complex I live in."

"Oh."

There was some silence before I looked around and asked, "Thomas?"