Chapter 10: Dragons Den

Start from the beginning

"Hey Eric, I got you a coffee. Black just how you like it." She placed the cup of joe next to him as she patted her pockets looking for something and then turned to Eric again, looking into his soulless eyes. Her red cheeks, only getting brighter. "Got a light?"

He only sighed in between drags as he shifted his attention. "Thanks, Amy and no this doesn't count as a kiss." The Legionnaire gave her a cigarette kiss. Lighting her Lucky Strike with his Black Devil.

"Sure~" Teased the Specialist as she inched closer, to where their shoulders were rubbing against each other. "You ok?"

"I... I don't anymore. Physically I'm fine but my mind is in a null state. Waiting for me to break again." He answered while taking a sip of coffee. "I think I scared her yesterday with my altered state." She followed his gaze to Unicorn as she talked with Laffey and Javelin with Belfast and another maid watching the two soldiers from afar.

"It's alright, you were never great with kids to begin with." SPC. Harris reassured Sous-lieutenant Vogel as a faint smile appeared but quickly disappeared as soon as it appeared.

"I know." The faint memory of how the little one treated him back then played in his head. They saw him as a big brother. Now he was nothing but a murder, a demon, a hollow shell of his former self.

Sensing his sadness, she hugged all the air out of him "Cheer up, you have five beautiful ladies willing to die for you." A sigh only escaped his lips as he knew what she was hinting at.

"Hey lovebirds~" Teased Cpt. White as she joined the duo. Leaving him with a lady on either side who was mere shoulders apart. "Giving cigarette kisses to all the ladies on base I see~"

"Fuck off, Captain" Sous-lieutenant Vogel retorted in between drags.

"Oh please, you two were practically touching hands and if you haven't noticed there's a lot of eyes on you sir." She informed the Legionnaire as she lit her own cigarette. That said there were in fact a lot of eyes watching him from female UN personnel, Kansens to Commanders. "Between us three I might have beaten a Commander at their own game and peaked on their Juustagram account. A lot of hot gossip about you there."