Chap. 54

Well it's official Emma was trimutized by what just happened the day before. She didn't sleep all last night her mind kept going back to Jason's angry blue eyes and the punch to the stomach he gave her. Every move she made this morning was a reminder of the nightmare that was last night. When she woke up this morning to take a shower there was a big purple bruise on the center of her stomach. She refused to see him again she was going to confront her parents today about all this because it couldn't go on anymore. She wasn't going to pretend to be his girlfriend any longer it was 4 in the afternoon and to her displeasure her parents where having Jason over for dinner. She was upstairs in jeans and a flowery top pacing back and forth dreading going down stairs. Her mother suddenly opens her door "Emma come on down stairs dinners ready Jason is waiting" she didn't wait for Emma's reply before closing the door. Sighing heavily she makes her way down stairs seeing Jason already seated at the dinner table. He hears her making her way towards them and smiles making her want to punch him in the face "Hey beautiful how are you feeling after yesterday?" the fact that her parents had no clue what he was really talking about made her uneasy. She sits in the seat beside him her mother and father watching her expression "Yes I'm alittle better" she struggles to say it hurt slightly to even breath of course she wasn't ok. But she already had her plan this ends today she just had to find the right time to bring it up. He smiles as her laying a hand on the inside of her thigh "I hope you learned you lesson" his voice was full of cockiness and right now it seemed like the best moment to pop his bubble. She stands from her seat glaring down at him "We're done..." the room falls into silence with no one making any movement. Her mother softly laughs making Emma flash her a annoyed look "Oh Emma this has to be a joke" Emma's mother crosses her arms glaring toward her as if she had done something wrong. Emma shakes her head she wanted to make sure they all understood this was no joke this was real "No I'm serious I don't want to be with you Jason and I don't want to see you again" she looks down at him struggling to meet his intense gaze. He looked like he wanted to murder her on the spot his breathing was coming out in labored huffs and his nails where digging into his dark blue jeans. Her mother stands shaking her head "I'm sure she doesn't mean that Jason this has to be some kind of mistake...Gerald say something god damnit" she glanced down at her husband teeth grinding "Melissa we can't make her stay with him if she doesn't want to" her father says to Emma's disbelief her mother looks at him surprised. Jason suddenly stands sighing looks at the ground "Well he is right...um I hope you really thought your decision through Emma" he looks up meeting her eyes from this close she could see see the pure anger in them. Glancing at his hands they where flinching and unflinching in tight fists. She nods her head she didn't need more time to think about this she wanted  him out of her house now "If your so sure I'll be going now...I wish you all the best Emma and I hope you get everything you deserve in life" he made sure to say the last part in a low voice letting her know it held meaning in some way. He walks out the front door somehow through the whole conversation he held his composer but she could tell he was pissed by the way he slammed the front door closed. Her mother lets out a huff "What where you thinking Emma? He was the best option you could have gotten in this town and your just going to break up with him. Didn't I raise you better then this? I'm just so disappointed" she was visible upset with Emma's choice but Emma couldn't care less she wasn't about to be around Jason anymore after what happened. She could have just told them what happened yesterday but she really didn't want to bring it up she just wanted him out of her life "Good thing I don't care at the moment mother....I'm going out" she hears her mother gasp as she walks straight into the living room and out the front door.

(Mia note- Goodbye nutcase!!)