Chapter 1

Thunderous evenings are nothing new for Lavender sky square. The town is small with enough population to regulate the necessity of their lives and the weather was completely new from what they have experienced from the other world. This town is almost always cold and the drizzling barely seemed to stop in winter. Leaves always green and never seemed to turn yellow like they do in Autumn. Highly possible that these trees has never experienced Autumn in their lives. So are the people that live here.

Five months have passed since Lara and Victor moved to Earth and into this beautiful small town with their three month old son. They would have been alone, if not for Sam and his family. Victor's close friend who also moved to earth with them. No one knows who they are or where they have come from. They are not any kind of threat to human kind. Hiding would be the best explanation anyone could give about their situation. Even though Victor hated running away, he wanted to protect their son, Carter Hughes. But why? What are they running away from? What could be the possible grave danger that they have to leave the world they were born from and hide in Earth, where they knew no one.

To conceale their identity and disguise themselves as humans. All for what? A three month old boy. A boy who doesn't know who he is and what could he do in the possible future. Victor was sure that he could never lie to Carter about his powers. Eventually, Carter would find it in no time who he is. So, he and Lara decided to help him with his magic rather than try to upbring him as the person he is not. Embracing the magic since childhood was something Lara and Victor already did. Back home, every child in their world was taught how to use their powers and to be in control. So that the magic was safest thing to use. While here on earth, surrounded by humans who have no idea magic exists, would be the difficult thing Carter would go through. He has to be discreet.

Lara and victor were worried for him. The magic bracelet Carter is wearing won't be of much use when he grows up. The bracelet is supposed to stop him from accessing his magic. Generally back home they use it on babies for safety. For both the child and the people around them. Later, when they are certain they can handle magic, they let their children learn them by taking the bracelet off. Each child has unique gift. So is Carter.

"Carter has fire magic." Lara announced when Victor was back from work. Hairs on her hand were standing. Either it's because of what she had found or maybe because of the weather. A shiver rand down her spine when she said those next words. "Just like in the Prophecy."

Victor walked to her swiftly, hugging her, he placed a kiss on her head. "You know I won't let anything happen to him, right? No one can do anything to him, I promise. He will be the strongest kid the world has ever seen." He assured her.

"That is what I am scared of, Victor. I am scared he will be the strongest of everyone. It will do him no good. I don't want to loose my son." Lara's lips trembled at the thought.

"You won't. We won't. I am right here. Just trust me. I won't let the prophecy take away our son. You hear me?" Victor says, looking back at his wife with so much love. He loved her so much he that he was always there for her when the times were darkest for her. The love they had for each other made them leave their home to protect their child. For whom they are ready to fight the battles between the worlds.

"The room was so close to burning out and thank the gods, I went right in time. If not for my water magic, I don't want to think what would have happened. I know his magic won't hurt him but..." Lara trailed, hugging herself.

Victor's heart was breaking to see his wife like that. The woman he fell in love with had fire in her eyes, her magic weaved as a rain, her laugh made butterflies in his stomach. Nonetheless, Lara used to be such an optimistic person back home. The last time he saw her this sad was when her brother died, the only family she had. After that, this was the soul crushing news they had found from a source. The prophecy about their son.

"See. Nothing will happen to Carter. Not until I am alive. Having a son to have a power like that, I would rather celebrate him, Lara. I want us to live our life celebrating our love, Carter. I don't want us to live everyday in the fear of losing him. It is better to die today, right?" Victor asked gaining a smile from Lara.

"Yeah. You are right. I want to celebrate him too." She whispered, kissing him.

"Now, my beautiful wife. Let's go see our adorable boy."

Taking the stairs behind the living room, they both went upstairs. The small nursery room they built for Carter is good enough to say cute, only until their son decided to burn it down. Victor's got the gasp that formed in his throat down so that it wouldn't make his wife worry even more. She didn't exaggerate when she said, he almost burned the room out. Half of the room was destroyed in fire while the other half seems to be lucky enough to not touched by their son's magic. Window screens and the feeding chair were all put out from half, before the flame fully consumed them.

Victor went to the other room where the remaining untouched nursery things from the fire were shifted by his wife. In the corner close to the green wall, lied the crib, with their powerful son in them. A few plush toys and rattles were in the other corner with a few boxes of his clothes. Lack of furniture in that room almost made Victor feel that Carter would feel all alone here.

"There is our stunning lad." He says making his wife smile through all of this.

Carter's cry invited him to coop him up in his arms and Victor did just that. A loving father as he always has.

"Oh! Why my baby boy is crying? Are you hurt somewhere? Are you in pain?" He asks.

"He is just hungry." Lara announced. "Let me take a feeding pillow. Oh! Right. It got burned. At least let me take a pillow from the our room." She says rushing out.

Just when she had returned, Victor was on a call outside the room. His son must have cried out in his father's ears. She thought while entering the room Carter was in. Looking around, her heart was in her throat. A scream of cry filled Victor's ear as he rushed toward his wife. Lara was standing near the crib, looking down at it. Victor went toward her, his eyes widen in fear after realizing why Lara screamed. The world has stopped in a moment. Their son. Carter was gone.