Chapter 13 - Ending: Reunion

Kotori POV:

Years later~

Laying on my hospital bed, the only thing I'm hearing is the beeping of the life support besides me. Oh how weak I got, but it is all worth it. My daughter is finally captain of Ratatoskr and she can now handle herself completely. So, I don't have much anything to worry about now.

Suddenly, the door of the medical ward opened revealing a young girl who looks like me but with dark hair. She is wearing my black ribbons and her hair is styled into a twin tail like mine when I was in good condition.

"Hi mom." The girl spoke with a soft voice.

"Oh Amai, what're you doing here? I thought you were in Fraxinus?" My face beamed after seeing her.

"I was, but I wanna check up on you hoping you're okay." Amai worried.

"Don't worry sweety, mommy is okay." I comforted her and rub her head with my wrinkled hand.

"Sweety have you visited your dad? It's his death anniversary today." I asked her.

Her eyes shot wide opened and she face palmed. "Oh no I forgot!"

I chuckled and said. "You may look like me, but you're personality fits with your father."

Her face flushed red and said. "Mom I'm going to visit dad, I'll be back soon."

I chuckled. "Don't worry about me honey, go now."

Amai nodded and smiled warmly before hurriedly walks out of the room and the door behind her slide close.

"Oh Riku, I wished I had the strength to visit you." I look out the window to see two birds playing with each other. I sighed and slowly closed my eyes.

"I don't regret living with you even though it was a short time."

I opened my eyes and the hospital ceiling turned into a clear blue sky. I quickly got up and I'm surrounded by daisy flowers

"This place again?"

Infront of me was a small pond with koi fishes swimming around. I take a closer look at the pond and was shocked to find my appearance of the reflection is the stronger and healthy version of myself.

"Where am I?"

I slowly put my hand on the water and to my surprised the water suck me in and I was falling in a mysterious dark place. The bubbles around me is the only light source I have, and they are illuminating and sparkling like stars and glitters.

When I reached the bottom, I landed softly on my feet. After my feet touched the floor below me, it quickly turned into grass and the waters around me disappeared.

When I glanced at my surroundings the sky turned into night and the sky is full of stars that feels like I'm looking at the galaxy itself.

"Kotori?"

My eyes went wide and begun to teared up when I heard a familiar voice behind me. I slowly turned around and gasped. I hold both hands on my face covering my nose and mouth.

"R-Riku?!"

He is looking at me with a warm smile on his face. I quickly run towards him and when I reached him, I didn't go through him like last time. I finally felt the warm sensation of his skin and tight hug that I was longing for after he was gone.

"Riku, I'm sorry... For not visiting you on your death anniversary."

"It's fine, I'm glad that you lived a happy life. That's all I want for you."

I couldn't help but let my tears fall. "I... I really wanted to see you again."

I let go and look him in the eyes. The man I protected before also protected and died for me. How I wish all the things that had happened went differently when he was alive. He wipes away my tears using his hand and said.

"We can finally be together from now on."

His face went closer and he puts his lips on mine. After such a long time, I can finally hold him and kiss him again.

Breaking the kiss, he spoke. "I'm home."

"No Riku, I'm the one who is home." I spoke before kissing him again.

After all of this years of yearning and longing for him I get to met him again in the afterlife where both of us can peacefully live our lives together. For my daughter, I'm sorry for leaving you I have full trust in you that you are going to be a great commander of Ratatoskr... Even greater than me. Amai, please take care of your cousins and make sure to use the powers I gave you for the protection of the world. Please promise you live a happy life and be strong for me.

Love, mommy.

Amai POV:

My tears drips to the paper, drenching it. I wipe my tears away and placed the letter again inside the envelope. I opened my mother's closet and a picture fall to the floor. I saw the photo of my father that I've got when I was just a kid.

"Dad, please take care of mom." I smiled and put the picture inside the envelope too before hiding it inside the closet.

I look at my mom's empty bedroom and I sobbed quietly.

"I miss you mom. I promised you I'm going to live a happy life and I will be strong like you."

"You are with dad now and I'm sure you're happy now and free of pain. I'll be joining the both of you once the time came and our family will be complete"