Extra Chapter #3: Merry Christmas Amai

Amai's POV:

Christmas is always an enjoyable celebration. My favorite part during this day is the beautiful white snow that's covering the soil, the streets, and the trees, and the marvelous falling crystals called snowflakes. And that is where I'm standing on right now, I feel the soft fluffy snow beneath my boots and I was skipping around leaving a trail of my footprints behind me.

My thick coat and beanie protects me from the cold, so I decided to lay on the snowy ground. While laying there, I began flapping my arms and legs to make a snow angel.

"Mom, look what I'm doing!" I yelled out and giggling. However, I didn't received any respond to her.

Maybe she is still asleep?

"Look at you, you might catch a cold if you keep that up."

Suddenly, I heard a male voice spoke with a concern tone. I stood up quickly on my feet and he giggled at me when I got startled. I glanced at the figure and stared at him as I cocked my head. This mysterious person has a dark hair and pale skin. He wore black clothes, jeans, and sneakers.

"Don't be scared, I'm not here to hurt you." The figure assured me.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"You don't know me?" The person said with a fake sad tone. He suddenly pulled something out of his pocket.

"Here take this, maybe this will help you." The person handed me of what looks like a photo.

When I was about to grab the picture, out of nowhere, there is a painful loud ringing in my ears making me squint my eyes shut as I grabbed my ears to muffled the noise. However, it didn't make any less worse.

"AAAHHH!!! Too loud!" I cried out.

I shot open my eyes and quickly sat up to turn off my alarm clock by forcefully slapping the off button and nearly crushing the clock with my bare hand. I sighed in relief when the annoying sound went silent, but I can still hear it ringing in my head. I glanced around the room and realized I'm not out of the backyard anymore and I'm no longer wearing my winter jacket. I also cannot stop thinking about my dream today because it feels so real.

"What a dream..."

I felt something cold sliding down my face, and when I put a hand on my cheek -- it's wet.

"Am I... crying?"

I wiped my tears with my blanket and suddenly, I began shivering when a cold breeze entered my room from the slightly opened window. I quickly shut the window down and look out the backyard. I saw the beautiful white landscape and snowflakes falling, however there is no mysterious person standing there. But oh well, it's already Christmas and this is no time to think so deeply.

I hurriedly got out of bed and tidy things up before going downstairs. As I descended down the stairs, a sweet aroma of vanilla filled my nose making me excited of what mom is making. I make my way to the living room and as I walk, I came across a Christmas tree filled with flickering lights and a magnificent giant star on the tippy top while beneath it are full of presents.

When I made it to the kitchen, I saw mom getting the vanilla cake out of the oven. The aroma is stronger than before and it made mouth drool.

I entered the kitchen and greeted mom happily. "Merry Christmas mom!"

"Merry Christmas to you too dear." She replied always wearing a lovely smile on her face.

Mom took out the cake from it's mold and placed it on the spinning cake stand revealing a vibrant light brown color. I eyed the vanilla cake and it looks like it has a fluffy texture to it. Even though is not jelly, it jiggles like one after mom placed it on the stand.