17. The seventeenth time being pursued

Start from the beginning

"No! I would secretly eat up all the cauliflower for you so the teachers wouldn't know! They won't find out!" Yao Xiaohuan said.

The teacher who wouldn't find out was standing right behind these two at this very moment, wearing a face full of helplessness. Wait a minute, did Lu Jianyan not like eating cauliflower? He never noticed that at all. His plate was always clean, as if there was nothing he particularly disliked.

Lu Jianyan noticed the teacher and wisely didn't continue. His clean plate was, of course, because he had a way of getting someone else to eat the cauliflower for him.

After the naptime was over, it was time for the dreaded exercise session that made Lu Jianyan wish for death. Every day felt like hell, and he just couldn't adapt.

Just when Lu Jianyan thought this was already the most terrible thing, the teachers always managed to let him know that, no, something even more terrifying was still ahead.

That day, the teachers handed out a pair of rabbit ears to each child, made of plush material and attached to a headband that could be worn on the head. The rabbit ears came in pink, gray, and white, in all sorts of colors, randomly assigned. When it was Lu Jianyan's turn, he received a pair of shockingly pink rabbit ears. He didn't need to express anything; his disgust and resistance were already emanating from him inside out.

Yao Xiaohuan is truly deserving of his identity as Lü Jianyan's number one fanboy. Without any hesitation, he exchanged bunny ears with Lü Jianyan. Originally, Yao Xiaohuan was assigned white bunny ears, pure white and delicate, exuding a feminine aura, but at least they were better than pink.

Lü Jianyan was momentarily taken aback, holding the bunny ears that were forcibly handed to him. Before he could say anything, he saw Yao Xiaohuan blushing, stumbling over his words, and saying, "Don't jump to conclusions, I just happen to like pink." He had learned from the lesson earlier at noon when the teacher was right behind him. He felt that as long as he claimed to like them and took them from Lü Jianyan, the teacher wouldn't be able to blame Lü Jianyan.

Under the sunlight, Yao Xiaohuan, dressed in a military uniform, was illuminated, with a halo of fuzz on his skin, his face blushing, resembling a true knight.

Lü Jianyan absolutely didn't want to admit it, but this stubbornly defiant Yao Xiaohuan is really inexplicably adorable!!! It's just irresistibly cute!!!

After the bunny exercise began, the white fur medicine bunny with a pair of pink ears became even more adorable.

It's not just Lü Jianyan who feels this way. The ample number of parents who stopped to watch also reflects this. In an era before the popularity of using phones to take photos and videos, some people had already become adept at it.

Taking the exercise seriously, even though Yao Wuhuan's movements weren't very skilled, he still tried to perfectly replicate the teacher's actions. He's truly super cute.

After noticing that Lü Jianyan wasn't properly doing the exercises and was instead stealing glances at him, Yao Xiaohuan looked openly and flashed a brilliantly radiant smile at Lü Jianyan. Mimicking what the teacher taught, he formed a heart shape with his thumb and index finger, crossing them in a gesture of a small heart.

It triggered a wave of screams from passersby who joined in, and praises like "How can someone be this cute?" were endless.

Lü Jianyan's heart involuntarily began to beat rapidly, faster than it ever had before. Of course, this liking was just an innocent appreciation of the child's cuteness, without any other complicated thoughts.

Just when Lü Jianyan didn't know how to respond, Yao Wuhuan instead stopped his movements and leaned in. His hands once again did the classic one-left-one-right motion, smacking Lü Jianyan's face. With a strong push, that fluffy white head came close to Lü Jianyan's eyes, so close it couldn't be closer.