9. The ninth time being pursued

The reason why Lu Jianyan was called in by his parents wasn't just because he was spectating while the fight was happening – of course, there was more to it, but Lu Jianyan didn't know the specifics. He left the principal's office with the parents of the other two children. As the parents left with their kids, Lu Jianyan remained seated on a bench with an assistant, drinking juice. Before leaving, Lou Dengxian also comforted Lu Jianyan with a few words.

"Don't be scared, it's okay." Lou Dengxian was experienced in the art of outwitting parents. He made a fist and gestured "fighting" to Lu Jianyan. "When things get critical, just cry. You know, cry really hard! They'll definitely feel sorry for you!"

Lu Jianyan humbly accepted the advice and decided to temporarily put aside all his CEO-level burdens because moms at this age are truly terrifying!

Behind the huge transparent glass window, Lu's mother continued to watch the video in the office, her expression growing more serious. The curly fringe intentionally left on her temples to accentuate her hairstyle carried an air of severity.

Of course, this was Lu Jianyan's son-filter, and reality wasn't actually that bad.

However, Lu Jianyan felt that something big was going wrong. When Lu's mother came out, every click of her high heels on the floor sounded like drum beats in Lu Jianyan's heart, making him involuntarily swallow.

Lu's mother wore a forced appearance of nonchalance, managing to squeeze out a fake smile for her anxious son. She used a tone of gentleness he had never heard before and said, "Let's go home, Yanyan."

Of course, Lu Jianyan was absolutely not surprised to be scared!

Praying for a quick death!

Refusing a slow torture, s-a behavior!

Unfortunately, since the formidable woman, Lu's mother, had made up her mind, she was bound to stubbornly persist in her determination. With gentle and soothing words, she managed to intimidate the whole family to the point where they didn't have a good meal that evening.

Wait, that's not accurate enough. To be more precise, everyone in the family except for the baby brother who was still nursing had been more or less frightened.

On the night Lu Jianyan rejected his parents' assistance and insisted on completing his kindergarten arts and crafts assignment independently, Lu's mother's worries reached their peak. She paced back and forth in front of her son's room, seized the butler's responsibilities, and used various pretexts to enter and exit multiple times, bringing fruits, snacks, and beverages. She engaged in lengthy conversations about various topics, but no matter how much Lu Jianyan pretended to inquire about why the principal had called her, she brushed it off with vague reassurances.

In the end, Lu's mother was spirited away by the sight of Lu's dad, who couldn't stand seeing the situation any longer.

However, Lu Jianyan didn't breathe a sigh of relief. Instead, he mentally counted to three. As expected, Lu's dad returned alone once again, entering the room. With one hand gripping the doorknob and the other resting on the door frame, this man with gold-rimmed glasses and a crisp shirt should have been the type who'd let his appearance speak for him – well, at least someone embodying the refined and scholarly merchant archetype. However, he turned out to be even more talkative than his mom.

"I had a great day today. Kindergarten is wonderful, the other kids are great, the teachers are great. I ate my meals obediently and even had a juice smoothie. And, Dad, I love you too. Goodnight."

Without waiting for Lu's dad to ask, Lu Jianyan had already interrupted him with a series of routine responses.

However, despite that, Lu's dad still managed to add, "It seems like the neighbor next door is moving back for a while, so there might be a lot of unfamiliar people coming in and out lately. You need to be well-behaved, okay?"