12. The twelfth time being pursued

Începe de la început

However, the chatty system indirectly confirmed that Yao Wuhuan was indeed a genuine person and didn't have any issues.

As the bell for the end of class rang, Lou Xiaopang, who never wanted to stay idle, came over to join in. He was still wearing his unique deep green beret. To live a decent life, one must always have a touch of green on their head, right?

As soon as he appeared, Lou Xiaopang hit on a sensitive topic and straightforwardly asked Yao Wuhuan, "Why are you white? You look like my grandpa."

Yao Wuhuan squinted his eyes, looking at Lou Xiaopang with a smirk that wasn't quite a smile. His entire demeanor exuded a chilling aura that could send shivers down one's spine. Honestly, with his unique eye shape, when he wasn't pleased, he did indeed appear somewhat intimidating. While others achieved intimidation through their presence, he achieved it through his appearance alone – a blend of beauty and malevolence.

Lu Jianyan, who had been forced to be around Yao Wuhuan, was most directly affected by how chilling Yao Wuhuan's presence was. The emotional fluctuations he experienced were truly significant.

Before Lu Jianyan could explain, Mr. Li, who was responsible for watching the children during break time and still in the probationary period, stepped forward to provide an explanation.

"Saying something like that is very impolite, you know. This classmate might get upset." Mr. Li, on the whole, met the requirements of Montresor Kindergarten for teachers – always smiling, speaking softly, child-centered, and dedicated to guiding the children towards kindness and beauty.

Yao Wuhuan lowered his head, concealing the terrifying aura around him.

Although Lou Xiaopang was afraid of Yao Wuhuan, he truly didn't understand what he had asked wrong. Instinctively, he sought help from Mr. Li beside him, with a bewildered look, waiting for him to clarify.

"If I'm not mistaken, it seems that Yao is unwell..."

A genetic disorder similar to albinism, known as Malkavian genetic disorder, but not true albinism; it just shares some physical symptoms. After all, when genes go awry, any kind of physical appearance change is possible. However, the distinctive white hair and white pupils, like those of Yào Wúhuàn's, are extremely rare, at least as far as Lu Jianyan knows. Throughout history, there's only been this single case globally, as if God happened to run out of ink when creating Yào Wúhuàn.

Albinism can be inherited and comes with photophobia, but Yào Wúhuàn is not afraid of sunlight due to his condition. His disorder is also caused by a single gene mutation, not contagious, and likely not hereditary.

No one can really explain what kind of strange illness this is. But it seems that from the very beginning of the world, the Malkavian genetic disorder has existed in every corner of the world. A case appears about every decade or so.

Currently known Malkavian patients are all born with it. They have weak immune systems, delicate constitutions, and find it difficult to control their emotions, which can be intense and erratic. In simple terms, it's like Yào Wúhuàn – when they love, they love intensely; when they hate, they hate intensely. Their emotions are amplified to the extreme.

Most Malkavian patients' cause of death is z-i'sa, because once they fall into a negative cycle, their emotions are infinitely magnified, and it's difficult for them to escape.

This is also why Lu Jianyan is willing to accommodate Yào Wúhuàn. He once learned about the rare Malkavian condition, and he forgets why he learned about it, but he just knows. Malkavian patients, especially during their childhood, can't hide their emotions. Their feelings, whether love or other emotions, are boldly expressed.

"Don't exclude someone just because they're different from the other kids," Teacher Li continued to chat with Lóu Děngxián, seemingly forgetting about Yào Wúhuàn's previous rudeness towards him and his son. He had the demeanor of a saint, following the principle of repaying grievances with virtue.

Yào Wúhuàn also held onto Lu Jianyan's clothes as he was introduced, looking unexpectedly fragile and vulnerable.

"Jiànyàn, would you dislike me?" Yào Wúhuàn sincerely wanted to be friends with Lu Jianyan. In class, he would draw for Lu Jianyan and sing silly children's songs for him. His eyes were fixed on Lu Jianyan alone because that was where his true feelings lay.

Lu Jianyan helplessly ruffled Yào Wúhuàn's white hair. "No, I wouldn't."

Even if you're an operator, as long as you're not maliciously trying to gain my favor or strategy points to complete a mission, I wouldn't actually dislike you.

During lunch break, Yào Wúhuàn insisted on holding Lu Jianyan, using both hands and feet, tightly embracing him like an octopus, almost leaving Lu Jianyan breathless. Lu Jianyan decided not to sleep, offering the bed to Yào Wúhuàn. He sat at the foot of the bed reading a book, with both of them not interfering with each other.

Little did he expect that just as Lu Jianyan was about to finish his thousand and first contemplation about how "life without a smartphone was unbearable," Yào Wúhuàn cuddled up again, wanting to read together with Lu Jianyan.

Seeing the additional white head before him, Lu Jianyan felt extremely helpless.

Logically, Lu Jianyan should have been cautious about people who showed undue kindness to him without reason, displaying strong affection. But perhaps due to his nature, he tended to be lenient until he detected any malicious intent (even if the other person had a system). He believed that he shouldn't hastily label anyone, especially someone like Yào Wúhuàn who had an uncontrollable condition, until he found evidence of ill intentions.

Yào Wúhuàn offered his heartfelt affection, even if Lu Jianyan didn't need it, and he didn't want to hurt him.

Yào Wúhuàn stared at Lu Jianyan without blinking, as if he had seen something delicious, and his mouth was about to water. Then, Yào Wúhuàn followed the most primal instinct deep within him. He placed both hands on Lu Jianyan's face, preventing significant resistance, and then he swiftly and decisively bit down. It wasn't a strong bite, but it was wet and sticky.

Afterward, before Lu Jianyan could get angry, Yao Wuhuan started crying instead. "Jianyan, please don't be mad at me. I didn't mean to. I just thought you looked too tasty, so I wanted to lick you a little. I didn't really want to eat you." QAQ

Lu Jianyan: "..."