6. Mr Darcy's Persistence

"He's a model with plenty of other women competing for his attention. I can't comprehend why he's so persistent in reaching out to me," Elizabeth commented to Jane, revealing that William had made numerous calls throughout the week.
"I understand that what he did was wrong, but maybe you should consider giving him a chance. He's only asking for your friendship," Jane sympathized with Mr. Darcy.

"I'm looking forward to a drama-free holiday. I might even turn off my phone to truly enjoy the break. I could have my parents use your phone to reach me," Elizabeth contemplated. 'naturally, you do things that bring happiness to the other person because their joy reflects back on you.'

She recalled the evening she spent with William, how their time together brought her happiness, and how he always seemed so at ease and content whenever they were in each other's company-until the moment she discovered the painful truth. She realized that if she allowed that friendship to rekindle, she risked experiencing the pain once more. The possibility of getting back together as friends brought a mix of emotions-uncertainty about whether his intentions were sincere or if he was still playing games.

Meanwhile, Mr. Darcy found himself struggling with his emotions, bewildered by how quickly he had grown attached to Elizabeth. This inner turmoil was noticeable even to his family, particularly his grandmother, who attempted to intervene. However, William was hesitant to share the details of his internal struggle. It became apparent to his family that the source of his distress was a woman, yet he remained resolute in his decision to keep that part of his life guarded.

And his grandmother gathered her courage to address her grandson about matters of the heart. William recalled her words 'When someone you deeply care about is absent or you've had a disagreement with them, it stirs up restlessness within you. You yearn to mend things, to see them again. Your thoughts persist even when you attempt to immerse yourself in work. What I can suggest is that you go to her and discuss whatever has transpired.' He couldn't clarify even though deeply he knew that it was only a friendship.

'Whatever it may be, I implore you to consider resolving it. Even in friendships, one should be willing to compromise. As they say these days, 'be the bigger person.' Yes, adopt that mindset,' William found himself chuckling at his grandmother's advice. He recognized that he needed to devise a plan to reconnect with Elizabeth, regardless of the hurdles.

"Hello," her voice conveyed reluctance.

"Hello, Jane. This is William Darcy."

"Oh, and how did you get my contact?"

"From Elizabeth's file, I-"

He was cut off as she interjected, "Is this work-related?"

"Not exactly. I would like to speak with Elizabeth, please."

"Are you aware that her phone is off because of you? I'd rather not have my phone meet the same fate, so I've been instructed to only take calls from her family."

"Please, I need your assistance. It's crucial that I talk to her. She needs to understand that I never intended to hurt her."

"I thought you already conveyed that during your elevator conversation," she wanted to ensure he knew that Elizabeth had confided in her.
"Please lend me your assistance."

"Your desperation is quite evident, especially after the lengths you've gone to in order to find my contact," she replied, drawing out her words before finally agreeing.

"I'll place my phone in my room. You can call, act as though you haven't talked to me, and explain that you were trying to reach Elizabeth. She's currently in the shower, so wait for about three minutes."

"Thank you." William was amazed by her willingness to help and felt a wave of relief wash over him. Precisely three minutes later, William made another call, hoping that this time Elizabeth would pick up.
"Hello, this is Jane's phone," Elizabeth answered, puzzled by the unfamiliar number and then taken aback as the person on the line knew her.

"It's me, William. Please, don't hang up," he urged, sensing her hesitation.

"How-how did you get this number?"

"From your file. I'm truly sorry, all I wanted was to have a conversation with you."

"Why? Why are you so insistent on talking to me? I even had to sacrifice my phone."
"I realize I've already apologized, but I need to be sure that we're okay, that we can still spend time together without you thinking I had ulterior motives."

"Can't you understand that I've accepted your apology and I'm okay with what transpired? I told you, I just need some time, and I'll see you when I return to work," Elizabeth, someone not typically inclined to express herself, found herself speaking openly.

The world is like a magical theatre where fairytales and realities intertwine. An enchanting bond formed between William Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet, leading to the heartfelt confession of their affection. As destiny would have it, Elizabeth found herself wedded to her ideal companion, William, and embarked on a journey of both love and creativity. Alongside her role as the company's deputy CFO, she pursued her passion for storytelling, captivating readers with her tales. Meanwhile, a profound realization dawned upon Mr. Darcy, unveiling his inner romantic nature. He recognized that amassing power held no true value, ultimately declining the chairman position, as he sought a path aligned with his heart's desires.