𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐮𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 | 𝟎𝟗

*ੈ‧₊˚

I unconsciously doodle in the margins of my notebook while waiting for Pansy in our common room.

The two of us had agreed to study here during lunch despite that I was distracted the entire lesson by a certain flirty Brunette and I swore she had fallen asleep during the lesson.

It's empty in the common room, silence taking over the usually bustling place, save for the scratching of my quill and the occasional spark of the fireplace.

"I'm here!" Pansys declaration interrupts my absentminded doodling when she flings into the room, her hand carrying all her studying supplies.

I take in her appearance, her tie was loosed, hair mused and her lipstick smudged, raising a questioning brow, "Have fun?" I ask.

She shoot's me a sly smile, taking a seat next to me on the carpeted ground and dumping everything from her arms on the table in front of us, "Draco said he could be quick."

Gagging in response I shut my own notebook quickly and grab Theo's notes from todays lesson.

"Let's start from the beginning." I instruct, moving to flip open the potions textbook.

Pansy's inquisitive eye takes in the notes, "That's not your writing." She states matter of factly, "It's Theos."

I still for a moment before nodding casually, "Yeah..his notes are neater than mine." Is the response I offer.

Her eyes flick up to me suspiciously, a hint of mischief dancing in them, "Oh yeah?" She muses.

"Yup." I pop the p at the end, grabbing a quill from my left, beginning to scribble down more notes from the textbook.

Pansy doesn't seem satisfied with this answer, her eyes glued to my face as I try to ignore her, "No other reason you have them?" She probs.

My bestfriend Pansy Parkinson was unrelentingly nosy. She's often like a dog with a bone. Once she's on something's trail, it's almost impossible to get her to let it go.

But if her being nosy is her most unrelenting trait, then mine is my stubbornness.

We are push and pull.

I keep my focus on the textbook, trying to appear unfazed by Pansy's probing questions. "Nope, just trying to make sense of today's lesson," I reply, my tone as nonchalant as I can muster.

While I think I should perfectly believable and unbothered, Pansy, however, doesn't seem convinced by my response.

She leans in closer, her grin growing mischievous. "You know, I saw you and Theo whispering during Potions today," she teases, her voice a low murmur.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes and take a deep breath, maintaining my composure.

"We were just talking about the class, Pans. Nothing unusual."

She chuckles softly, her gaze lingering on me. "Uh-huh, sure. Just talking, huh? Must've been a really riveting conversation to distract you both from Slughorn's lecture," She states, "especially because you're so studious and underneath all that 'I don't care' attitude facade of Theos, so is he."