Chapter 3

"I yearned for you with all my heart, but you did not make me your inemorata."

*
*
*

It felt like a dream to Jungkook. He never thought that he would see that person in his life ever. Perhaps, he hoped for it... but things did not turn out like he had imagined.

"Ah- Kook-ah, Mr. Kim is talking to you..", hearing Hoseok's voice, he snapped out of his thoughts.

"Oh yes! Umm- I'm s-sorry, I was just-"

"It's alright! You must be stressed. I just called you here to meet my son!", Mr. Kim smiled.

Now Jungkook noticed. He got the answer as to why Mr. Kim's eyes looked familiar.

"Hi Namjoon, how are you?", Jungkook heard Hoseok asking.

"You both know each other?", Mr. Kim was clearly surprised.

Hoseok smiled at him and nodded.

"We have met once or twice!", he answered.

They have met more than once or twice of not by chance. Jungkook perceived that Hoseok did not want any mess to get created.

"I was at his fanmeet once and the other time, uh- by chance.", it was the first time Namjoon spoke in front of them.

"Oh! That's very nice. I'm glad that I chose you for today!", Mr. Kim laughed.

Mr. Kim was a light-hearted person, indeed.

"Ok so now it's time for you to meet today's performer, Jeon Jungkook. Son, as I told you that I'm gonna gift you something that you once used to admire the most, here is this! Your love for music and dance and all that."

Namjoon looked at Junkook. Jungkook could not make eye contact.

"Hi!", Namjoon's voice was more gentle. But there was some hesitense that Jungkook only could notice.

Jungkook felt a lump in his throat. All he wanted to do was run.... run from the place.

He tried to calm his inner self. He gave a smile that took so much strength.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Kim Namjoon. It's really a pleasure to get to meet you."

"Mr. Kim, I'm sorry but I think that we should start to get ready.", Hoseok said from aside.

Mr. Kim checked the time. It was almost time for the performance.

"Ah yes yes! We also have to go to. Best of luck to you! Let's go son!", Mr. Kim left the place.

Jungkook noticed Namjoon was trying to say something, but he did not give him the chance. Jungkook hurriedly left the place with Hoseok.

They arrived in their room. Jungkook went and sat on the chair. Hoseok closed the door and worriedly looked at Jungkook.

He went towards Jungkook and stood in front of him.

"Yoù okay Kook?"

He waited for Jungkook to speak. But all he got was, silence.

He sat beside him and put his hand on his shoulder.

Jungkook looked at him. His eyes were glossy and the red tints already started to form.

"Oh god Kook! Hey, everything is okay!"

Hoseok hugged him, a brotherly hug and whispered to him.

"Why h-hyung? Wh-why did it h-happen to me?", Jungkook was sniffling.

Hoseok was hurt seeing Jungkook like that. He wanted to leave the place with Jungkook then and there but he did not have any choice.

"Why did h-he do this hyung? Was I not good enough?"

Hoseok snapped out of his thoughts. He wiped Jungkook's tears.

"Kook-ie... you are the best. It is his loss that he left you."

"It's his engagement hyung!", Jungkook's voice sounded more like heartbroken.

Hoseok could not say anything to comfort Jungkook.

Suddenly there was a knocking on the door.

"I'm gonna check." , Hoseok went to open the door.

Jungkook turned his back and started wiping his tears.

Hoseok opened the door and was taken aback to see the person standing before him.

"You?", Hoseok asked.

Hearing Hoseok's voice, Jungkook looked at the doorway and his eyes drifted straight towards the person.

"Can I talk with Jungkook for a bit?", the person asked.

Hoseok took a look at Jungkook. Jungkook lowered his head.

"Let him in hyung."

To be continued....