Chapter 2

Jungkook was pacing continually in his room. A strange feeling was working in his mind.  He did not understand why this was happening.

"Kook-ie, drink some water and cool down your nerves a bit." , Hoseok suggested.

He will just throw up if he drinks another glass of water, thought Jungkook. Hoseok has been telling him to drink water since he has arrived.

"Why are you so nervous? You have done many performances before, why tensed about this one?", Hoseok asked, a tone of worry in his voice.

"I don't know hyung... it's just- " , he breathed.

"Hey, relax! I understand. It happens ok? No need to worry!" , assured Hoseok. He looked at his watch.

"Umm, we should get going now Kook-ah. Or we will be late."

Jungkook nodded and got up.

*
*
*

They finally arrived. Looking from outside, it really seemed like some kind of royal palace.

Jungkook's hearbeat again increased.

"Let's go inside.", Hoseok said, parking the car.

They got out of the car. As they were going to go inside, a girl came towards them.

"Hello. You must be Mr. Jeon, right?" , she said.

Jungkook nodded.

"Yes-"

"Please come with me, I will lead you to your room." , she showed the way to them.

They followed the girl and she led them into a room.  The room was also very nicely decorated.

But strangely the decoration seemed so familiar to Jungkook... like the colour, the accessories in the room, all those things. Again the uneasy feeling flooded his mind.

"Please have a seat Sir, Mr. Kim will come to meet you.", she left.

"Woah! Kook-ah, this is such an amazing place! I have never seen this kind of arrangements. What do you think?" , Hoseok said sitting on the sofa.

He looked at Jungkook when he did not get any answer. He got up and went to him.

"Kook, everything alright?" , he asked, worried.

Before Jungkook could answer,

"Hello, you are Jung Hoseok right?", said a middle-aged man, standing at the doorway.

"Ah- yes Sir, this is me." , Hoseok smiled.

The man nodded and looked at Jungkook. There was something in his eyes, Jungkook could tell just looking at them. Those eyes resembled to two certain eyes.

"And, you are Jeon Jungkook, today's performer.", the rincles created a pattern when he smiled.

Jungkook smiled and nodded.

"I am Kim Seojoon. It was me who called you.", he said.

"Oh! Nice to meet you Sir. I-uh, I'm really thankful that y-you have chosen me to-uh-" , Jungkook was mentally cursing himself for fumbling like that.

Hoseok glanced at him. He could sense the uneasiness in Jungkook. He had been noticing Jungkook acting weird since the morning. He was about to go comfort him but Mr. Kim spoke..

"Hey my son! Calm down. Do you need some water?"

"Ah no no. I'm alright, t-thank you." , Jungkook said in a rush.

"I know you are nervous my child. But I'd tell that don't worry, I know you will do great. Actually, it's a gift to my son. He  was always into dance and music, just like his mother. But, eversince he has entered into all this business, he has changed somewhat. So today, on this special occasion, I'm gifting him his once happiness." , he smiled while saying.

"How lucky he is to have a father like you!" , Hoseok said, giving a genuine smile.

"I have to get going now. It's almost time for your performance too. Do your best ok my son.", he left.

"So humble. By the way, you aright Kook?"

"Yeah-"

"Mr. Jeon." , they both looked at the doorway. It was the same girl from earlier who called.

"Young Mr. Kim wishes to meet you. Would you like to come to backstage for some time? He will be there.", she finished.

"Yes sure! I'd like to."

"Please come with me this way Sir."

Both of them followed her to the backstage.

They waited there for some time, then the girl came again.

"Mr. Kim is here."

When the girl moved aside, Jungkook saw that "Mr. Kim" coming in their way. It seemed like had stopped.

Hoseok was smiling to greet him but suddenly his smile vanished. He looked at Jungkook. He saw Jungkook was frozen on his place.

Kim Seojoon came from behind stood in front of them.

"Meet my son, Namjoon!"

*
*
*

What happened to Jungkook? Why both Jungkook and Hoseok were surprised to see Namjoon?

To be continued...