Chapter 5: Bond

"Charli..it's 5 in the morning..what do you want" Luca, who was still half asleep was dragged away from his bed by none other than his girl, Charli.

"We promised Alex we'll have breakfast with her! I don't wanna be late ofcourse" She simply smiled, Chip was on Charli's hair, sleeping soundly on it meanwhile Ciel was sleeping on Luca's shoulder like a baby bird.

"But it's so early..why do we even need to go there, we can just buy our breakfasts..alone..just the two of us" Luca slightly murmured the last part but to his concern, Charli still managed to hear it.

"Yeah, just the two of us..and Alex! C'mon, the more the merrier as they say, don't be like that, Luca.." Charli replied as she opened the front door and pushed Luca outside gently.

She went outside aswell, pulling out the key from her bag and locking the door.

The two have been living together on a small cottage nearby the town's bakery because its the only house they could afford, luckily it has enough rooms for the both of them.

The two continued to walk alongside each other as they chatted while they're at it, they know it's gonna be a long way to go.

▀▄▀▄▀▄◇▄▀▄▀▄▀

After an hour of walking, the duo stood outside the castle gates, meeting the two guards on their post "How may I help you, young lady?" The right guard greeted them, while the left guard just groaned by their appearance.

"Oh! We're here to see the Princess!" Charli cheerfully replied, "I'm sorry but you don't have an appointment with the Princess, please leave." The left guard immediately replied which left Charli dejected.

"Woah, Slow down buddy, we haven't asked then anything yet" The right guard looked at his partner, the right guard rolling his eyes afterwards.

"I'm sorry about him, he's usually not like this, he's really nice, I swear! But..uhmm, well young lady, may we ask about your name so we can check if you have am appointment with thr Princess?" The right guard looked back at the two, with an apologising gaze.

"Oh, there's no need to be sorry! Well I'm Charli and this is my best friend, Luca! The Princess promised to have breakfast with us" She said, Luca on the other hand was not happy on how he introduced him to them.

"Alright, right away!" The right guard quickly pulled out a list and read through it "You are here! Well then, please head in, the butler will be there to guide you" The right guard opened the gate for them as Charli waved goodbye at the guard and heads in.

As the two friends continued their path, they were suddenly greeted by the sight of a silver-haired butler standing just outside the entrance door. The butler, dressed in a sophisticated suit, cut a rather impressive figure, his youthful and attractive appearance immediately catching the eye. It was clear that Alex had hired him for more than just his skillset, his appearance being one of the main factors that had drawn her towards him. The two friends couldn't help but take notice of his charms, and they both felt a twinge of envy that they didn't have a butler quite like him.

"Ah, you must be the Princess' Friends, right this way" The butler opened the door for them and began guiding their way there.

As they walked down the hall, they were surrounded by a variety of artwork and artifacts. The paintings were all beautifully framed and hung on the walls, each depicting a different subject matter and style. There were also various artifacts, such as sculptures, vases, and other ornate decorative pieces, which added to the overall elegance of the castle. The rich and diverse array of items on display made it clear that the castle was not only a stunning structure, but also filled with art and culture.