Chapter 3: Commissions

It has been quite a few days since Charli arrived in this strange world, heck she's even lucky enough to find her best friend, Luca, he's currently on her party right now.

Even their guide gets along very well, Chip and 'Ciel', Luca's finch argued for their first interaction but immediately got along by similar interests.

After the day she found Luca, she quitted her job as a Nurse and dedicated herself to helping everyone! Not just in a medical way.

"..And then I said, 'Come back, here!' " Luca chatted with the orange-haired female as she laughed along, walking with him. They're currently on their way on the commission center where they'll finally get their first missions.

"Haha! Your stories are always funny, Luca! Y'know Light never told me stories like these, tch, he's always playing Fortnite and Skateboarding without me, hmph" Charli pouted as he complained about a certain purple-haired boy.

"Yeah, i know right..haha, wellll since he isn't here I'll be the one telling you stories and keep you entertained" He smiled at the thought of the 'problem' is now not in the sigh and can never cause troubles with his plans again.

"Yeah, But I do kinda miss hi- Oh we're here!" Immediately getting distracted, Charli pointed out the commission post office building that's right infront of them.

"Oh I guess we are, let's go in! Maybe the receptionist is not out for lunch this time" Luca finished the conversation as they entered the building, looking for the missing worker they've been trying to talk to for the past few days.

And there she is, finally after days, she's here on the counter..sleeping.

They walked over to the counter and tried to wake thr lady up but she won't budge, "Hey! Lady! Wake up or we'll steal your tip jar!" Charli exclaimed out of impatience as the lady immediately rose her head from her cozy nap.

The receptionist's appearance was one of a kind. Her hair, short and curly, was dyed a vibrant shade of purple. Her eyes, a deep ocean blue, commanded attention wherever she went. Her outfit, a black long-sleeved dress adorned with delicate patterns of flowers, lent her an air of dignity and refinement. The dress hugged her curves without being overtly revealing.

"O-oh! I'm sorry..uhmm, how can I help you..?" The receptionist sheepishly replied as she looked at thr two customers, both gave her a rather annoyed glare but with different messages.

One clearly gives off the message off 'We've spent almost 3 days looking for you just to find you sleeping here in the counter and not even say sorry??'

And the other one is...deadly. Note taken. Don't mess with white haired guy.

"Yeah, who hired you to be here? There's clearly customers here and your sleeping??" Charli spitted out her thoughts as Luca just nodded, agreeing with her.

"D-d'oh! I'm sorry, I haven't been in full concentration these days..uhh please..! Uhmm, take these free commissioners badge, just don't tell my boss!" The lady bowed many times that you can tell she's desperate for this job, the two looked at each other and decided to forgive her as they didn't really want harm.

"Uhh, Alright? Well thank you, where's the commission board at?" Luca asked the girl behind the counter as he put the badge on his shirt.

"Right over there sir, there's still a couple left..A-and! If your done with the commission, please just report right back here" She pointed to the other direction where a big board was surrounded with few people who's willing to do these aswell, they head over there and excused their way in with..Luca's 'negotiating' skills..totally not threatening.