Chapter 9 - Development

A/n: I'm going to start changing POVs from here.

Draco's POV:

After many hours of conversing on what we've learned and potential ways to get back to our time, Hermione had fallen asleep. Staring at her peaceful face, I stood from the bed careful not to wake her. I grabbed my pajama pants from the closet and made my way to the room across the hall. Throwing the pants on the bed, I moved to the bathroom connected to this room. Almost every room in the manor came with a bathroom...perks of being rich I guess. I unbuttoned my shirt walking toward the counter where the mirror hung from the wall. Letting the shirt fall to the floor, I leaned against the counter. My eyes caught on my left forearm...it looked as if nothing were there, but it was just a simple glamour charm. Waving my hand, I watched the dark mark appear. She felt it. When she grabbed my forearm...she felt the skin that had remained irritated.

Lifting her into the counter this morning threw my mind into overdrive of the possibilities. Seeing her in my shirt...three buttons done, legs open and inviting, it was too enticing. I'm not entirely sure why I jumped to kissing her. I used the excuse of acting as if we were in love...but I just wanted to taste her. Ever since that stupid ball...

Flashback:

I rolled my eyes as Pansy went on and on about her dreams of opening her own boutique. As if her parents would allow that. She would be married off to the best pureblood man they could find. If I hadn't been promised to Astoria since she was born, I'm sure it would have been me they went after. Pansy didn't know about the contract...no one did except for my family and Astoria's. The commotion of people moving to look toward the stairs had me confused. When I finally made my way through the small crowd, I saw what had caught their eyes. Hermione Granger was at the top of the steps. She wore a blue dress that looked...lovely. She looked gorgeous tonight...her smile....

I had always wondered about her when she pranced around the hall at eleven years old with her head held high. It was her confidence that had originally caught my attention. Tonight though, she didn't look like that silly little girl always besting me...she was a beautiful woman.

I mentally scolded myself and turned away from the sight. How could I allow myself to think such things about a mudblood? I grabbed Pansy's hand and led her into the great hall. I needed to get away from the scene before my mind decided to continue with these games.

The rest of the night my eyes could not leave her. She danced with that absurd Bulgarian brute. Song after song they remained on the dance floor. Watching her smile and laugh...my mind had wondered what could be so different about her? Sure her parents were muggles, but did that really matter? Of course it mattered! Gah Draco get it together! She is beneath you! But even as I scolded myself I watched her. I watched as the wonder brats ruined her night. I watched as she ran from the hall with tears falling down her face. And even then....I watched as she sat on the steps sobbing. I couldn't place it, but my heart ached seeing her hurt.

That night I urged myself to bury these thoughts deeps down. I could not think this way. But...maybe...no! I shook my head and left to my common room.

Flashback ended

After that night, I read so many books, scrolls, whatever I could get my hands on. I had to know what made muggleborns so different from myself. The conclusion I came to caused me to spiral. There was nothing. Besides the obvious of having muggles for parents...there was nothing. Hermione had shown that time and time again. She was smarter than even myself...she had proven she was a worthy witch. One evening when I was on holiday, I snuck out of my room and flew my broom to the outskirts of muggle London. I sat atop a roof and watched the muggles live their lives. Not having magic made it to where they had to take the long way with many things, but that was all. In fact, muggles had invented wondrous creations, that in my personal opinion, had outdone wizards. The coffee maker that sat atop my stove was proof. I procured that at the age of sixteen. I hid it in my room and only used it when no one was home. The coffee tasted better than anything magic could have created. After that night, I would sneak out often. I only told Theo and Blaise of my exploits. I was wary to tell them, but I knew I needed to speak to someone. They both thought I had a death wish...maybe I did.

It wasn't long before I had to stop. The dark lord was revived and my family became his ever-willing servants. I watched my father crumble. Watching it only solidified my doubts about purebloods. We were nothing but terrible people. I fought to avoid the mark...I really did. I almost died from disobeying. There's only so many times a boy can take the cruciatus curse. Once the mark was there, I had to act the part. I was the same old Draco Malfoy, bully and asshole to all. I kept up a facade of bullshit to appease my father and his dark lord. In reality...I knew what I would do if I had to choose, but nothing is ever that simple. If I could get my mother to safety...then everything would be fine. I could finally abandon these petty beliefs and live the life I truly want. However, I don't believe there is any possible way that could happen. Even with this future standing right in front of me, I wasn't sure what to do.

Being here, in the future, it allowed me to be more myself. I didn't have to act. Here in the future, Voldemort is gone. I married a witch who had always had my eye. If I was honest, I would stay here in a heartbeat. Freedom from all the dark clouds hanging over my head was a blessing. Hermione would never accept this as her life. Not because of me, but because she is too heroic for her own good. She would never leave her friends...especially knowing the war happens.

I released a heavy sigh moving to the shower. I turned the knob and let the water warm up as I continued to strip. Stepping in, I let the hot water hit my face and I closed my eyes. The first picture to pop into my mind was her on the kitchen counter. Only this time, my head wasn't level with hers. It was much, much lower. "What the hell am I doing?" I spoke to myself. I could feel the blood rush south real quick. The world is full of temptations...and I didn't want to fight them. I wrapped my hand around my shaft, keeping my eyes closed. The picture in my head continued. Hermione threw her head back and moaned while her hand grabbed onto my hair. "Fuck," I groaned moving my hand faster. Imagining her moaning because of me...it was too perfect. Thinking of truly tasting her had my hand speeding up even more. I wanted to have her in this shower with me...I wanted to pin her against the wall and make her scream my name. I leaned back against the cold tiles as I felt my release closing in. I wanted to see her beg for me to fuck her without mercy, without restraint. I hissed as cum shot from my dick. I groaned watching the picture fade from my mind. I'm not sure when I had started lusting for the witch...but I knew I was in deep trouble if we stayed here any longer. I was torn in two. One side of me wanted to stay, make this life work, and forget the past we came from. Another part of me knew we couldn't. If I'm honest with myself...I'm not sure which side would win.