Chapter 4 - What Now?

The pair silently followed after the older Theo through the trees. Hermione kept looking around trying to gain some sort of insight as to where the hell they were. Draco was still dumbfounded by the man in front of him. Although they weren't sure how far into the future they had gone, he was happy to see Theo. If he was here...whenever it was, that means he survived his father. Anybody who knew Sr knew how big of a dick he was, especially to Theo. With the rise of Voldemort happening, no one was pressured to get the mark as much as Theo was. How Theo was still scraping by not having it, Draco didn't know. Draco was forced to get the mark because of his father's failure at the ministry the previous year. His mother tried to stop it, but she was no match for Bellatrix or the dark lord. Draco absentmindedly rubbed his left forearm where the mark sat. The skin was still raised with irritation. When one doesn't take the mark willingly...the body tries to reject it. Draco still had nightmares of his crazed aunt holding him down with her magic as Voldemort branded him. Because of that, he'd been questioning every little thing taught to him growing up. His mother always said he needed to make his own opinions, but he was young and followed in his fathers footsteps. All he wanted was his approval. He was broken from his thoughts when Hermione spoke.

"Where do you think we are?" Hermione whispered to her blonde haired companion. Draco simply shrugged. Coming to the end of the forest, he actually ended up having an answer for her. He nudged her with his elbow causing her to look at him. "What?"

"That's the manor," he said in a low whisper. Hermione turned her head to see a great mansion coming into view. She had never seen Malfoy Manor before, only heard what Draco had to say about it. The manor stood tall and it was huge. Hermione couldn't help her jaw falling open.

"This is your home?" She asked in shock

"This is your home?" She asked in shock. The building was a beautiful beige brick that shined in the daylight. There were several windows, vines growing in many different places, a beautiful greenhouse off the left side, and so many more details that were drawing her in. It was a beautiful place.

"Yes and no...it doesn't look like this...well not in our time at least." Draco had never seen his childhood home looks so bright and welcoming. He always saw his home as gloomy and dark. It was a place you didn't want to visit honestly. The three made their way onto the patio at the back of the house and Theo turned to them.

"My task is done, thanks to the old sniffer," Theo said flicking his nose. Draco raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Anyways, I will see you guys on Saturday night." With that, Theo apparated from the patio. Hermione immediately turned to Draco once he was gone.

"What the actual fuck?"

"You know Granger, I've heard you say fuck in the past two hours more than I have our entire lives," Draco said walking up to the door.

"What are you doing?!" Hermione hissed stopping his hand from grabbing the doorknob. Draco just gave her an incredulous look.

"Uh, I'm going inside?"