CHAPTER: FOURTEEN

Start from the beginning

Kira looked at me for a moment, then answered my question.

"Many of my kind and other life civilizations know of your extinct and consider calling your kind Terran," Kira said, trying to explain the origin of the word Terran.

"Wait, hold on, you're saying that other aliens are out there, like in space?" I asked.

Kira looked at me for a moment before rolling her eyes.

"That's a small-minded question." She said, her tone a bit dark and blunt.

I sighed and then set my coffee cup in front of me on the coffee table in the living room.

"Forget what I said. Let me help you with your gear, and I'll take you back to where ever you came from." I said, ignoring the whole subject between me and Kira.

I was about to get up from the opposite side of the couch when I felt a firm but surprisingly gentle grasp on my forearm.

When Kira touched me, I looked at her and still noticed a childlike look on her face.

"What?" I said.

She looked at me for a moment, then let me go.

I looked at her in confusion, and she looked away before I went to the front door to haul her stuff.

She then put her coffee cup by mine on the coffee table.

And stood up and walked past me, letting her reptilian skin brush against me.

I stood in the living room momentarily before walking and ignored what had happened, but I asked myself.

"What was that all about?" I thought to myself before following Kira to grab her gear and equipment.

I unlocked the front door with two to four safety locks on the side where the original door lock was once all the kinks were unclocked.

And the door was opened to reveal another wet, cold, and cloudy morning.

I looked to see Kira's confused face, assuming she was looking at me like that because of how many locks I had in my cabin home.

"I like to take precautions," I said bluntly but casually.

Once I was outside, and so was Kira, I could grab my car key, which was back in my front pants pockets.

I went to the front yard where my Jeep was parked to have my car keys.

I went over to unlock both the front driver seat door and the tailgate so it could be easier for Kira to put her stuff in the car quickly.

Kira started to follow me as I helped her grab her equipment from the cabin and haul it into my car. It only took about 15 minutes to grab and go because of the endurance, strength, and agility.

But what never occurred to me was why she was here, even in the first place.

I was thinking of asking her, but after what I asked last time, she would think that would be another of my small-minded and primitive questions.

And that, once she leaves, I can return to my everyday life once this is over, and hopefully, I get back to work also.

"Okay, is that everything?" I asked.
I looked at Kira at the tailgate of my Jeep organizing her gear in the back.

She didn't answer me, but something popped into my head before I could ask her again.

The emergency med kit and the device that showed him how to save her, and I assumed it was still on the nightstand of my room.