CHAPTER: FIFTEEN

I turned the steering wheel enough to quickly but aggressively turn to the right side direction to where Kira needed to go.

Highway 59 originated from the Southern Eastern direction where Kira and I met.

And to where I assumed her spacecraft was.

I could drive until I asked her while we were still moving. I asked Kira a question that might've been too early, especially when she almost tried to kill me.

But I needed to get it out of my chest.

"..."

I looked over to my right to see that she was looking out from the front passenger door window and to see she was looking while we were passing the herd and group of Pine trees which led into the open areas of the woods.

She then looked at me, giving what looked like a sign from her reptilian alien facial expression that she was irritated. I assumed she was with me.

That made sense because most people, as humans, tend not to want to talk to me.

I looked at her for a moment until I froze to notice that the sun had finally risen from its peak between the clouds, and I could see how the sun's rays were showing on Kira.

The scales of her blur reptilian body showed certain parts that revealed her reptilian skin how...beautiful.

She was, I didn't notice when I was staring at her, and almost drove us into a ditch against the cracked and unclear side of the concrete.

The highway causes the vehicle for both of them to move in unexpected movement positions.

"What, where are you going!" The alien said.

She turned to me.

"Are you trying to get us in a car accident?" Kira said, her voice at the peak of anger and confusion.

"How do you even know about a car accident?" I asked.

I looked at her for a second, seeing how angry and confused she was, so I looked away, afraid, and continued as I was on the road.

She noticed this, and her facial reptilian alien expression shifted to a look of worry and concern. She was about to speak but stopped and looked out the window.

She grumbled in an alien, but foreign language that I did not or was able to comprehend, so I just ignored it without asking because I assumed she was speaking a sware word at me.

But that wasn't a big deal, not for me.

She suddenly looked at me confused and seemed more irritated, but I made sure not to make eye contact.

After me looking at her from the sunlight, I was even more confused about why I found her so attractive.

I couldn't let her know that, and I needed to stay focused on getting her to her ship or wherever she needed to be, and I didn't want to know.

Suddenly I heard an alarm go off and looked at Kira to see where is coming from.

Kira had her wrist device, which was going off with a red configuration.

Blinking as an alarm on it was going off.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

I started to ease out the gas pedal because the speed limit was 55, and I was going over 60, so I needed to slow down and see what was going on with Kira's device on her wrist.

Kira didn't care about my question, so she ignored me.

I looked away and continued on the road.

I was making my focus on driving carefully.

"Is she going to keep acting like this while we are on the road?" I thought.

My train of thought was soon cut off when I noticed Kira, and I looked over at her to see her concerned expression.

She pressed a few icons on the digital control on the screen, and when pressing on the controls, her face was full of confusion and determination.

She had instantly shifted from that to fear and worry.

She looked at me with worry and fear in her reptilian eyes and saw them splicing a bit.

"They found it." She said, her voice sounding like a piece of glass had shattered on the ground in a million pieces.

I looked at her again before looking back at the road.

"Found what?" I asked.

I looked at her, and she just stared at me, her expression showing fear and worry.

That is when it clicked in my head what she was referring to.

"Wait, you don't mean they..." I said.

But I wasn't able to finish.

She could pull the screen from her wrist, creating a two-dimensional image from her machine.

Projecting a holographic screen to show what she was seeing from the small screen that was strapped to her reptilian blue-skinned front forearm

She nodded, seeming to know what I was referring to.

I could halt at the side of the road both me and Kra were on.

Once I put the vehicle in park, I turned to Kira to watch what she saw on her monitor.

To see that a group of dark military marine-suited human soldiers was surrounding and walking around Kira's ship.

"They found her ship," I thought.

To be continued
Please leave any comments or feedback
Please and thank you