Chapter 1: Let the games begin

The year is 30900, December 12th. Location, [REDACTED] located off the shores of Provenance Town.

Today was like any other, doing my daily office job, cleaning the bathroom at my part time at McMicks food&drink. Then returning to my Night Shift at the communications department at the local government agency. Where I received a strange signal, it was in Morse code, it contained a very unsettling message. The message gave me goosebumps, it was a call for help, but to where, the location couldn't be tracked. The message read:

"Subject 1 breached containment, I am trapped in a janitor's closet, I just fear for the worst. Someone was banging on the door, they have since stopped... I watched my friends and colleagues die due to some strange dark shadow. I may be the last left alive, please help. I am at—the coordinates are—"

I don't know what device they were using, but pieces were missing, the code was replaced by a muffled T.V static. Must be a connection issue. Nevertheless I should be able to track where the signal is coming from.
Huh, it seems there is no exact location where the signal is coming from. Actually, there's none at all, the machine is not on any official records. Or any records at all it seems, how strange. All machines usually have some sort of records, at least manufacturing date, however this one seems to have none.

"Aha!" I accidentally said allowed as I found information on the Morse machine this was sent from.

It says it's from [REDACTED], wait, what's redacted? That's not a location, and I am absolutely sure the government wouldn't classify the location of an emergency Morse code machine, right? Well, I might as well ask someone. I pondered over the files I found about the machine as I made my way to the boss's office. Once I reached the door, I realized it looked a lot different from the rest of the agency, the white paint on the door was chipping and peeling, the crowning looked to be rotting. Which is a stark contrast to the rest of the office behind me, pristine and well maintained. It seemed this was the only door that was weathered and showing considerable aging. I opened the door, as it creeped open, my boss glared at me. A gaze I was familiar with, those cold dead eyes rarely showed any life.

"Hello, I have a question regarding some files I found." I stated hesitantly

"And what would that be, all our records are up to date and easy to understand, we hold that as one of our top priorities. The only reason it would be curious, is if it were a government secret."

"Well I received this signal from an emergency morse code signal", I said as I passed over the file, "When trying to locate the origin of the distress signal, I could locate no records of the machine's existence, not even a basic manufacturing date, then I found a location, it said [REDACTED]. Could you possibly know what that means?"

The only response was a hushed chuckle, as the burly man looked over the files intently. He then grinned, as if to tell me to leave without further information. I was left with more questions than answers as to who this person was. I proceeded out of the room, then when I closed the door I saw that the paint was no longer peeling, the crowning was not rotting, and the door was not white. I must have been imagining things. As I walked over to my desk I decided to look over the morse code one last time to see if I missed anything.

I realized, I missed one thing, there was a signature on the code. One that read "Zawisza M.". I immediately got up the records of any person in the world, and put in that name. Strangely, the name brought up someone on the missing persons list. They had been missing since, since, 30840. They've been missing for 60 years, they went missing on exactly November 30th of that year. I decided to input that date in the missing persons system, and I found ~80 other children between the ages of 3-12 that went missing on that date, all reported at around the same time. Wait, EIGHTY KIDS.... all gone missing at the same time, on the same day, as this person making a distress call from an unknown location. I reread the message looking for any clues.