H.I.T.s.

TS-19 (season 1 episode 6)
*MENTIONS OF ABUSE, LIGHT DISCUSSION (barely its one line) OF SEXAUL ABUSE*

The group paused for a second as they stared at the white light that surprisingly wasn't the light that you follow when you meet the end

The group paused for a second as they stared at the white light that surprisingly wasn't the light that you follow when you meet the end. This light was the beginning.

Someone was there.

Someone who potentially could have the cure or at least some answers about the cannibalistic virus that is running through the walkers, turning their once thoughtful minds into mush. Literally.

Rick was the first one to snap out of the few second trance, and he was quickly followed by Glenn as they began to move inside. The rest of the group following right on their trail.

"Daryl, you cover the back." Shane instructed as they all finally took residence in the empty lab.

It was ever so clean in there that it was almost eerie, as it was like nothing was out of place in the once perfect place.

She could practically picture the workers walking around as they continued their everyday job life, trying to finish their day so they could be home with their family. She could even see little kids waiting in the front area, impatient as they waited for their mom or dad to finally end their day at work. She could only hope those people had made it out of the city before the infection spread. Or at-least before the bombs had went off, taking out half the city.

A single question continued to ring through her head. Did they know the virus was coming before it had started to spread to the living?

"Hello?" Rick yelled into the hollow building.

"Close those doors. Watch for walkers." Dale told the others in his grandfatherly way, practically focusing the others to comply.

It was silent for a few seconds as everyone looked around, taking in their surroundings until a hello said from in-front of them causing them to raise their weapons in defence, ready for a fight.

There was a man. He was wearing a light grey typical man shirt with grey sweat pants. It was nothing special but what stood out was the shotgun being pointed at them.

"Anybody infected?" He shouted from the distance.

"One of our group was." A moment of silence past through them before he continued. "He didn't make it."

Was that really necessary? They all knew Jim was dead so why did he have to tell that to a complete stranger? She thought that perhaps it was in case it could have spread that way but they knew it didn't, they had been around the dead for months and they were fine.

But as Nadia always said, if you want to be trusted be honest. Nadia didn't hate anything more than a liar, other than racists, rapists, pedophile, and animal abusers. But she just assumed everyone did.