*****

Leopardpaw woke up when she heard Ripplepaw rising from his nest, he was never the quietest cat in the morning but at least she wouldn't oversleep. She stayed in her nest for a few moments, allowing herself a few moments to wake up and give herself a quick wash. She jumped suddenly when Ripplepaw poked his head back into the dean. "Leopardpaw come here! Rainpetal had her kits!"

Leopardpaw's eyes widened slightly and she quickly jumped to her paws, following her brother back out into the camp. She saw MoonClan warriors happily gathered around the nursery as Brokenclaw stood in front of it, looking exceptionally proud. "When did this happen?" Leopardpaw asked, trotting up to Peachblossom who was watching excitedly.

"She started just before dawn, luckily it was a smooth and easy kitting thanks to Oneflight." Peachblossom explained with a purr her throat.

"How many are there?" Leopardpaw asked, knowing she probably wouldn't be able to see the kits right now since she wasn't related to them.

"There's two." Peachblossom replied with a wave of her tail. "Two toms named Lakekit and Icykit. We haven't had any new kits since you and your brother were born, I'll be excited to see them running around when they're old enough." Leopardpaw knew how much her mother loved kits, she wouldn't be surprised if someday she had more kits, and Leopardpaw wouldn't mind having some little siblings to play with.

She would like to have kits of her own someday as well, but she knew that wouldn't be for a long time yet. I probably won't even be a warrior for at least another moon or so. I have time to think about it.

The thought of kits caused he remind to drift to the thought of mates as well. She hadn't thought about taking a mate at all really, she was still very young. One face flashed her mind briefly, one with playful blue eyes, but she quickly shoved the image out. I'm too young to be thinking about mates and kits. She reminded herself and turned away from the nursery to find Berryheart who was sitting near Daisyheart talking about the new kits. Leopardpaw padded over to the two she-cats.

"Hey there, Leopardpaw." Berryheart mewed and Daisyheart greeted her with a wave of her tail. "Ready for your training?"

Leopardpaw nodded. "Of course."

"Go get your brother and Tallsong and we'll head out."

Leopardpaw nodded and spotted Ripplepaw already with Tallsong, talking excitedly. "Are you two ready for training?" Leopardpaw asked, approaching the two of them.

"Yep." Tallsong purred and Ripplepaw nodded in agreement and they all returned to Berryheart.

"Let's head out before it gets too cold." Berryheart urged and the four MoonClan cats left their camp and ventured out into the moorland.

"What are we doing today?" Ripplepaw questioned, Leopardpaw could tell that her brother was full of energy as he weaved around the other three cats and would even venture ahead slightly before falling back.

"We'll be practicing some more battle moves, but we'll be doing them on the river."

"Isn't the river frozen?" Leopardpaw questioned.

"It is, that's what we'll be training on. Violetstar wants us to practice our gracefulness on ice. If we happen to meet AshClan at the border and you find yourself in a tough spot, you can retreat to the ice to give yourself the upper hand, I doubt AshClan will be able to stay stable on ice."

"Is that safe?" Leopardpaw questioned, feeling unease rise in her chest.

Tallsong nodded. "We've scouted out the strongest parts of the ice and its been tested by our heaviest warriors."