Happy Ending

Eugene paces in his cell, worrying about (Y/n). The doors open. Eugene sees that it's the Captain. "Let's get this over with, Rider." The captain said. "Where are we going?" The Captain gives a stern look. Eugene puts a hand on his neck. "Oh..." Gothel takes out the last flower in (Y/n)'s hair, letting it flow loose. "There, it never happened." She drops the flower in a basket and walks out. "Now, wash up for dinner. I'm making hazelnut soup." (Y/n)'s head hangs low and Gothel sighs. "I really did try, (Y/n). I tried to warn you what was out there. The world is dark, and selfish, and cruel. If it finds even the slightest ray of sunshine. It destroys it." She said. Gothel leaves the room, closing the curtains behind her. (Y/n) pulls out the flag from her hands that Eugene got for her. Pascal leans on her hips, turning blue, and comforts (Y/n). She lays on her bed and looks up at the paintings on her walls. She pulls up the flag and finds that the sunburst on her flag was embedded in her paintings. Anything that remotely resembles the sunburst flashes before her eyes. (Y/n) has a blurry vision of a sunburst mobile and the King and Queen looking down lovingly at her in her crib. 

(Y/n) then remembers the mosaic of the King, Queen, and the baby princess. (Y/n) places the crown on her head and looks on mesmerized. (Y/n) finally realizes that she is the lost princess. "Agh!" (Y/n) knocks on her dressing table. Eugene is led by two guards in the hallway and passes by the Stabbington Brothers' cell. Anger overcame Eugene, so he knocks down the two guards beside him, jumps over his cuffs, and apprehends Sideburns. "How did you know about her? Tell me, now!" He demanded. "It wasn't us. It was the old lady." He said. "Old lady...?" He gets apprehended by guards again. "Agh! Wait, no, wait! You don't understand, she's in trouble. Wait!" "(Y/n)?" Gothel climbs the stairs to (Y/n)'s room. "(Y/n), what's going on up there?" She asked. (Y/n) was panting, coming to full realization. Gothel stops at the entrance of (Y/n)'s room. "Are you all right?" (Y/n) gasps and comes out of her room. "I'm the lost princess." She said quietly. "Oh, please, speak up, (Y/n). You know how I hate the mumbling." Gothel said. "I am the lost princess. Aren't I?" Gothel is speechless. "Did I mumble, Mother? Or should I even call you that?" (Y/n) demands. Gothel tries to pretend that (Y/n) was acting foolish. " Oh, (Y/n), do you even hear yourself? Why would you ask such a ridiculous question?" Gothel goes in for a hug, but (Y/n) pushes her back.

"It was you! It was all you." She said. "Everything that I did was to protect you." (Y/n) pushes away Gothel. "(Y/n)!" (Y/n) descends the stairs. " I've spent my entire life, hiding from people who would use me for my power." She continued. "(Y/n)!" "But I should have been hiding... from you." She said. "Where will you go?" Gothel asked. Eugene keeps fighting off the guards, but they finally apprehend him. "He won't be there for you." She added. "What did you do to him?" (Y/n) asked. Eugene sees through a window that he's headed to the gallows. "That criminal is to be hanged for his crimes." (Y/n) gasps. "No..." she said. "Now, now. It's all right. Listen to me. All of this is as it should be." Gothel replied. Gothel was about to pat (Y/n)'s hair, but (Y/n) apprehends her hand. "No! You were wrong about the world." Gothel tries to free her hand, but (Y/n)'s grip was too strong. "And you were wrong about me. And I will never let you use my hair again!"  "Errgh...!" Gothel finally frees herself but causes the mirror to shatter. Gothel pants. (Y/n) walks away. "You want me to be the bad guy? Fine. Now I'm the bad guy." Gothel walks menacingly to (Y/n). The Captain and guards lead a struggling 

Eugene to the gallows room. As they lead him to the door, Eugene sees a small ceramic unicorn on a ledge. All of the doors suddenly shut. "What's this?" The captain bangs on the door. "Open up." Shorty slides the peephole open. "What's the password?" He asked. "What?" The guard asked. "What?" The captain asked. "Nope." Shorty said. "Open this door." The captain said. "Not even close." Shorty said. "You have three seconds. One..." The guard on the left gets pulled by a hook. "Two..." The guard on the right gets whisked away. "Three..." The Captain turns around to see Eugene alone. Attila hits the Captain with a frying pan."Frying pans. Who knew, right?" Eugene hears banging and a chase ensues between Eugene, the thugs, and the guards. The guards run into Ulf who mimes to mislead them. Vlad comes charging in, scaring the guards, and tackles them. Ulf looks at the camera, pretending to be surprised. They run outside with Eugene panting. They stop as they see an army of guards running down the stairs. Hook grabs Eugene and stands next to him. "Head down?" Hook asked. "Head down." He replied. "Arms in?" Hook asked. "Arms in." Eugene said. " Knees apart?" Hook asked. "Knees apart. Knees apart?" Vlad jumps down from a ledge. "Why... why do I need to keep my knees apar..." Vlad jumps on the other side of the wagon and Eugene is sent into the air. "Aaaaaaaah!" He screams.