The deal

(Y/n) was now putting away her paints and brush in her box. (Y/n) sighs. "This is it! This is a very big day, Pascal." She chuckles. "Hmm-mm. I'm finally gonna do it. I'm gonna ask her." She said. (Y/n) stands up as soon as she hears Gothel call out to her from outside. "(Y/n)!" She gasps. "Let down your hair!" "It's time." (Y/n) said. Pascal straightens up. "I know, I know. Come on, don't let her see you." (Y/n) hides Pascal behind the red curtains, enough where only she can see him. Pascal changes his color to camouflage with the painting so that he can watch (Y/n) and Gothel. Gothel impatiently calls out to (Y/n) again. "(Y/n)! I'm not getting any younger down here!" (Y/n) runs to the window. "Coming, Mother!" (Y/n) puts her hair on a hook and lets it fall to Gothel like a rope. Gothel holds onto the hair as (Y/n) pulls her up to the top of the tower. Gothel enters through the window as (Y/n) greets her home. 

"Hi, welcome home, Mother." She said. "Oh, (Y/n). How you manage to do that every single day without fail? It looks absolutely exhausting, darling." Gothel said. "Oh." (Y/n) chuckles. "It's nothing." She said. "Then I don't know why it takes so long." Gothel laughs. "Ergh, ho-ho-ho-ho. Oh, darling, I'm just teasing." She said, and (Y/n) chuckles. "Hmm, he-he-he. All right." She said. Gothel walks over to a mirror to look at herself and (Y/n) follows her. "So, Mother. As you know, tomorrow is a very big day." (Y/n) said. "(Y/n) look in that mirror." Gothel pulls her close. "You know what I see? I see a strong, confident, beautiful young lady." She said, and (Y/n) smiles. "Oh, look, you're here too." Gothel laughs, and (Y/n)'s smile fades. "Er-ha-ha-ha-ha, I'm just teasing, stop taking everything so seriously, agh." She said. Gothel checks herself to see if there are any signs of aging. "Okay, so Mother, as I was saying, tomorrow..." (Y/n) began. Gothel notices some liver spots on her hand. "(Y/n), Mother's feeling a little run down. Would you sing for me, dear? Then we'll talk." Gothel said. "Oh! Of course, Mother." (Y/n) quickly sets up a chair for Gothel, and a stool for her, pushes Gothel in her seat, gives her a brush, and some hair, and quickly sings.

(Y/n): (Speedily) Flower, gleam and glow

Let your power shine

Make the clock reverse

Her hair immediately glows as fast as she sings.

"Wait!" Gothel shouted.

(Y/n): Bring back what once was mine

"Wait!"

(Y/n): Heal what has been hurt

Change the fate's design

Gothel brushes the hair as quickly as possible.

(Y/n) Save what has been lost

Bring back what once was mine

Gothel gets hit with a burst of force, turning her young again. "(Y/n)!" Gothel shouted. (Y/n) runs up to Gothel, close to her face. "So, Mother, earlier I was saying tomorrow's a pretty big day and you didn't really respond, so I'm just gonna tell you. It's my birthday! Tada!" She said. Gothel pries (Y/n) away from her. "No, no, no, can't be. I distinctly remember. Your birthday was last year." She replied. "That's the funny thing about birthdays. They're kind of an annual thing." (Y/n) sits on the stool and looks up at Gothel with pleading eyes.) Mother, I'm turning eighteen. And I wanted to ask, uh, what I really want for this birthday. Actually what I really want for quite a few birthdays..." she said. "Okay, okay (Y/n), please, stop with the mumbling. You know how I feel about the mumbling. Blah, blah, blah... blah. It's very annoying. I'm just teasing, you're adorable, I love you so much, darling. Agh." 

Gothel said. As Gothel walks away from her, Pascal urges (Y/n). "Agh, I want to see the floating lights." She said. "Uh-huh. What?" Gothel asked. " Oh... Well, I was hoping you would take me to see the floating lights." (Y/n) uncovers her painting of the floating lights to show Gothel. "Oh, you mean the stars." Gothel said. "That's the thing." (Y/n) opens a window showing her a star chart. "I've charted stars and they're always constant." She said. "But these, they appear every year on my birthday, Mother. Only on my birthday. And I can't help but feel like they're... they're meant for me." She said. Gothel dismisses her. "I need to see them, Mother. And not just from my window. In person. I have to know what they are." (Y/n) said. Gothel walks over to the open window. " You want to go outside? Oh, why, (Y/n)." Gothel shuts the doors to the window, blocking out the sunlight. Gothel pulls (Y/n) to her, examining.