I see the light

Eugene and (Y/n) were still sleeping. Maximus locates Eugene. Sweat drops on Eugene. "Hmm, what?" Eugene wakes up to a sweaty and angry Maximus. "Well, I hope you're here to apologize." (Y/n) wakes up to Eugene screaming. "Aaaaaaah!" Maximus drags Eugene away. "No, no, no, put me down. Stop it. Let... me... go!" (Y/n) runs to Eugene and pulls him back. "Give me him." (Y/n) said. "Ow!" Maximus shakes Eugene from side to side. (Y/n) pulls Eugene away. Maximus, with Eugene's boot, runs to confront (Y/n). (Y/n) tries to calm him down. "Whoa! Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Easy, boy, easy, calm down." Eugene props himself on a moss wall. "Whoa, whoa! Easy, boy, easy. Easy." Maximus stops. "That's it." Pascal atop (Y/n)'s head: Put down. "Now sit." Maximus assumes a sitting position. "Sit!" Maximus sits like a dog. "What?" Eugene asked. "Now drop the boot." Maximus stops. "Drop it." Maximus drops Eugene's boot. (Y/n) rubs Maximus's muzzle and talks to him like a dog. "Aww, you are such a good boy. Yes, you are. Ho-ho." (Y/n) said. Maximus wags his tail. "You're all tired from chasing the bad man all over the place?" Maximus nods. 

"Excuse me?" Eugene asked. (Y/n) hugs Maximus. "Nobody appreciates you, do they? " Maximus grunts. "Do they?" Maximus grunts again. "Oh, come on, he's a bad horse." Eugene said. "Oh, he's nothing but a big sweetheart." Maximus neighs delightedly. "Isn't that right?" (Y/n) sees his name tag. "Maximus." She said. "You've got to be kidding me." Maximus glares at Eugene.  "Look, today is kind of the biggest day of my life. And the thing is," she leads Eugene to Maximus. "I need you not to get him arrested." Maximus grunts. "Just for twenty-four hours and then, you can chase each other to your heart's content. Okay?" (Y/n) asked. Eugene sighs, and stretches out his hand. Maximus turns away defiantly. "And it's also my birthday. Just so you know." She added. Maximus reluctantly agrees. (Y/n) hears distant bells and walks away. Maximus hits Eugene in the chest. "Oomph!" Maximus neighs delightedly as Eugene falls over. Eugene sees a poster of him and crumples it. Maximus sees this and Eugene sticks the paper in his mouth. Maximus spits it on Eugene's face and they get into a fight. Eugene and Maximus simply shove each other once Pascal turns away. (Y/n) enters the city but bumps into animals and people because her hair was stuck. "Ahh! Sorry." Eugene collects her hair. Maximus gallops to catch up. Eugene whistles to a group of little girls, who then braid (Y/n)'s hair. Eugene ducks under a wall from the guards and sees (Y/n)'s hair in a big braid with flowers.

"Thank you!" Eugene looks on in awe. Maximus gives him a teasing smile and wriggles his eyebrows. Eugene pushes him away. Maximus neighs playfully. (Y/n) buys two pieces of fruit but runs on quickly and the fruit falls upon the stall owner's hands. Eugene buys food and (Y/n) sees a mosaic of the King, Queen, and the lost baby princess. A little girl puts a flower on the mosaic while explaining to her baby sibling. "It's for the lost princess." A little girl said. (Y/n) looks closely. The princess had golden hair and green eyes like her. (Y/n) sees a band walk by and follows after them. After paying for the food, Eugene sees (Y/n) dancing and bringing in all sorts of people to join in. Everyone claps their hands to the music and dance around a painting of the sun. (Y/n) tries to get Eugene to join in, but he refuses, so Maximus pushes him into the dancing crowd and gets pulled by a woman while glaring back at Maximus. Eugene buys a purple flag with the yellow sun symbol for (Y/n). She holds it up to see that it matches the other flags hanging on the strings. (Y/n) and Eugene let go of their dancing partners and try to get to each other, but get pulled away by other people. (Y/n) was now painting on the ground with other citizens. She painted a beautiful symbol of the sun with purple flowers around it to show off her artistic skills. (Y/n) continues to dance with other citizens. 

Eugene looks over the corner to see if the guards were gone and turn back to (Y/n) who was also hiding with him, each holding a cupcake.  Everyone jumps in the air and continues dancing. (Y/n) was showing Eugene a geography book. The floor was scattered with open books that (Y/n) must have gone through. Eugene sees that (Y/n) was dancing alone and they finally rejoin at the end of the dance. The citizens erupted in cheers. "To the boats!" Someone shouted. Eugene and (Y/n) separate. Eugene rows a gondola with (Y/n) and Pascal. Hey, Max." Eugene tosses a bag of apples at Maximus. Maximus turns his nose away. "What? I bought them." Maximus eats two apples. "Most of them." Maximus stops eating. "Where are we going?" (Y/n) asked. "Well, best day of your life. I figured you should have a decent seat." Eugene places Pascal on the back of the gondola and continues rowing. They get a good distance away from the palace, but enough to see the lanterns. Eugene notices (Y/n) looking down, worried. "You okay?" He asked her. "I'm terrified." She said. "Why?" He asked. "I've been looking out a window for eighteen years. Dreaming about what it might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything I dreamed it would be?" (Y/n) asked. " It will be." He replied. (Y/n) sighs. "And what if it is? What do I do then?" She asked.