01. new season, new dream

Start from the beginning

Jules watched as Coach Rielly paced back and forth his boys, giving them some form of pep-talk. Setting her bag on the bleachers, she rested her foot, watching them skate. In hockey, it didn't matter if you fell, you could just get back up but in figure skating, a fall could cost you the competition. Juliet wasn't sure if she'd be able to compete again, with her foot the way it is and Coach T pushing her beyond her limits. But maybe she could compete in hockey, it would be a dramatic change but she understood the game better then anyone and her dad had only recently retired playing competitively and was planning to become a coach, he could coach her. But, how would her mom take it? 

"Barnes." Rielly spoke from the edge of the rink, she got off the bleachers and walked towards him, hiding her limp, knowing that Coach T is watching her from the office above, "That looked like a gnarly fall, you doing alright?" 

"I'm fine, Coach." She nodded, looking at the penalty shots taken by the boys no older then sixteen on the rink, "Is my dad going to take over coaching the Hawks? I heard him speaking about it." Juliet had heard him speaking about coaching the Hawks, Rielly's getting past his age really. 

The man shook his head, "Not sure, kiddo. Have you ever thought of playing? I think you'd be good, and there's no jumps so your ankle should be alright." Jules shrugged her shoulders slightly, looking down at her trainers, leaning her weight onto her good foot, "I've got a spot open but there's limited time, think about it, alright?" 

"Thanks, Coach, I'll definitely think about it." And with that, she left the rink to find her mom, Amelia sat outside in their car. Barnes sighed as she sat in the passenger seat, setting her bag into the footwell, she leant her head back against the headrest, "Mom, I wanna quit figure skating."

Amelia frowned sadly as she pulled from the lot, "Why sweetie? You're still in recovery, I know, but you'll be big." Jules just nodded, holding back her disappointment. Her mom sighed, noticing her sadness and shook her head a little, "I know it's difficult, but you'll pull threw. This is just a slump." She nodded again, moving her ankle in the footwell to stop it from stiffening up. 

JULIET SCRIBBLED DOWN the answer to the last of her chemistry homework as her leg bounced to the music playing from her walkman. With the other food rested on a stool and an icepack on it, she was sat at a weird angle. When Connie came in, flopping onto her bed with a deep sigh, "Why do we have to date boys?" She huffed, Jules turned to face her bestfriend, her dark hair sprawled out over her bed and an annoyed expression on her face, "Me and Guy were alone, we were laughing and he just... he didn't do anything. Maybe I should become a lesbian? What do you think, Barney?"

"He's a prepubescent boy, you've got to make the first movie, Connie." Jules tells her, putting her homework into her backpack and taking the ice pack from off her foot that is feeling much better now and setting it on the desk so she can turn around properly, "Guy likes you, and you like him. Just give it a chance."