12 - ACTIONS & CONSEQUENCES

"Ah... yes Mr. Ganguli,  we did want to wait for you but seeing the sensitivity of the matter we had to....."

"Yes yes, you just had to do a hearing deciding the fate of Indian cricket and end the career of the players who made Indian cricket a profession from a sport without the presence of the chairman of the board..." Sourav said cutting off Mr. Khanna mid-sentence.

This was the man that you saw on the field, determined and battle ready and this time really pissed.

"Did you really think no consequences for your actions, I was on leave Khanna, not dead ." Sourav said with a steady stare at the screen. 

Looking at the dada of ICT even the judge could not help but start sweating. 

Some people just had an intimidating presence, and everyone who met him would tell you one thing.Never stand on the other end of a really pissed-off Sourav Ganguli.

Cause when you do you realize that the title of Dada is not just an affectionate term but also one of respect and fear.

"Mr Ganguli, please. You understand the media pressure, we just wanted to put out an official statement and..." Khanna tried explaining but he knew that the game was over, and his plan to take revenge on Virat and MS failed. 

All the times he tried to push one of his own players into the team through back channels but Ms always found some way or the other to stop him. 

When Virat became captain, he thought that he might have some freedom now, but he was wrong. Virat was even more openly aggressive. He didn't even hesitate to directly call him out without hesitation in a panel meeting. 

Khanna never felt so humiliated. Ms never let his schemes succeed, but he was more subtle about it. Whereas Virat was blunt and dismissive.

So when he got that call offering him money to push the matter of Virat and Ms banishment from ICT he agreed without thinking.

Knowing that Sourav was on leave in another country, he pushed his plan with full force, bribed the judge, and declared this emergency meeting and the Vice Chairman.

Little did he know, that Sourav would come at the last moment and turn the tides.

"So rather than focusing on the investigation, you thought to remove Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni from Indian cricket ??!" Sourav said, his tone clearly stating what everyone was thinking.

Seeing that there was no reply from the other end, Sourav stared hard at the man before removing him from the meeting without another word. 

Such idiots could be dealt with later.

"Now as for the judge present. Thank you for your service, Your Honour but we don't need them anymore. " Sourav said while the judge nodded with a confused look, but as soon as he heard the next line his face turned pale. "Be sure to find a good lawyer, you would need it. "

As soon as the judge and a series of panel members were removed from the meeting, the profile that was on mute for a long time turned active. With a number of cheers coming through.

YEAH!! DADA!!!

WE MISSED YOU DADA!

DADA YOU ROCK!!

Looking at his team Sourav finally smiled and the intense atmosphere from before vanished.

"What?! Did you think that your dada would let this happen?? No trust in me?" Sourav said chuchkling. 

"No Dada. We trust you." Rohit said smiling as his eyes watered. 

He physically felt the weight lessen from his shoulders. He knew everything would be all right now.