Epilogue

Epilogue

My body did it on its own. I went back to the train tracks again the very next day. I had to bring Asami home beforehand though.

I stood there hoping some miracle will happen, but it didn't. People just walked passed me with strange stares. I knew what I had to do.

I went to Raine Co. to see if I could locate Yamada, but he wasn't there either. I must see him. My brain wasn't working diligently as I would hope it would.

The final place I thought of was the beach. The beach I hated. I went there during the late afternoon since I wasted most of my morning waiting at the train tracks, and the office.

I didn't see anyone there, but decided to go sit near the ocean anyway. I sat down. The sky was gray as if it was about to rain.

The raindrops started falling hard. I felt my own tears escaping as well. Yamada might not even live here anymore. Our goodbye was tragic enough.

"Open your heart to me...baby...I'll hold the lock, and you hold the..key..." A sweet English melody sounded as the raindrops that were hitting me subsided from above me.

I looked up to see an umbrella hovering over me, and the face I didn't expect to see. His dark eyes, his perfected cheekbones, flawless pale skin, and forever youth stared down upon me.

"Seiji..." I said weakly, and in shocked.

His face grew weak, and he drops the umbrella, and embraces me. I couldn't process what was happening. I hugged him tightly as I felt my tears soaking his suit along with the rain.

"Kyou..." His voice cracks as I could hear him sob.

"I've missed you." I kept choking on my words as I cried. I've never felt so completed with him in my arms.

"You too..." His voice soft.

"Was that your son?" I asked him.

"Yes, but my wife, and I are divorced. I couldn't stay with this uneasy feeling everyday. I ended up marrying a woman my parents introduced me too. Me, and Kare didn't work out. I never knew I needed...you. It felt unusual to love another after so long with dealing with you."

"Me too. I know we had many rough moments, but I rather argue, and suffer with you than be living in a fairy tale with another." I said with my smiling face. I noticed something shiny on his neck. A necklace perhaps. My hand went to touch it, and I noticed it was our engagement ring on a necklace. "Yamada..."

He blushes. "I never took it off...I just got it made after you left Japan."

I pulled out the necklace I wore with our ring linked on it as well. I always wore it with a dog tag so it didn't look too out of the ordinary.

Yamada's eyes lit up with sparkling tears. He leans in to kiss my forehead, and then planted one on my lips. The emptiness I've felt all these years vanished. I was in heaven. Love, and life works in mysterious ways.

"I love you Seiji Yamada." I said as I held his frame in the pouring rain.

"I love you Kyou Kusaka....and your cheap cologne." His face tinted.

I smirked. "Our love began because of a...."

"Cologne." He smiles.

End