Chapter 2: Lost

Chapter 2: Lost

Yamada came back home the next day. The hit on his head wasn't as serious as it looked like. I watched him as he watched tv while sitting on the bed.

"Seiji, do you need anything?" I asked. It was weird calling him by his first name. I wasn't used to it, but it felt wrong to keep addressing him as 'Yamada' since that was his surname.

He shakes his head, and turns up the volume on the tv. Was he trying to tune me out? The volume was way too loud, and I went to the tv to turn it down. "Hey! That is way too loud! What is wrong with you?!" I scolded him, and he backs up in the bed like a frightened child. I felt bad instantly, and went to sit next to him on the bed. "Sorry I yelled. Just, you have been acting weird, and that makes me worry."

"Okay." The simple response made me annoyed. I got up, and left the room. Being around Yamada wasn't helping the situation. I wanted to be happy with him, but he just seemed so difficult to communicate with. He wasn't even professional like before. The company was closed for the time being. Yamada was in recovery whereas Shouta is in jail. I became jobless as well as Junko.

Money wasn't much of a problem since I saved a lot from my days of working in Raine. Yamada also had a shit load of money in his bank account so I wasn't too concern for our expenses. The only thing was Yamada's demeanor. It seemed so gloomy, and blank.

I fell asleep downstairs on the couch that night. I guess the tv show got me sucked in, but it spat me out with boring conclusions that I dozed off to.

I woke the next morning with a blanket over me. I could smell the coffee brewing. The all too famous 'Yamada' coffee. I stood up, still dizzy from just awakening. I made my way to the kitchen. I saw Yamada making his morning coffee. The smell of it was a bit odd compared to his previous batches.

"Good morning." I said, and went to sit down.

"Morning." His deep hoarse voice said.

"Making me a cup?" I smiled.

He nods slowly, and hands me a cup.

"Thank you!" I drank it, but instantly spat it out. "Uhh...why is it so salty? Did you put salt in it?" I wiped my lips with a napkin that was present in the napkin holder.

He blinks, and takes a sip of the coffee. "Sorry, the salt, and sugar looks eerily similar." He rubs his eyes. Yamada must be tired. He has been through a lot.

I watched as he remade the coffee. His blue sweater hung on him loosely, and his collar bone was visible. I needed him to eat more.

I stood up, and went to toast a bagel. I heard a thud on my left. Yamada fell to the floor. I quickly went to aid him. "Yamada! Are you okay?!" I bent down, and had my arm around him.

He holds his head tightly. "My head is throbbing. I don't know why." His eyes shut tightly, and he groans in pain.

I remembered the events of yesterday when he fell down the stairs, and hit his head bad. "You fell yesterday, and I guess the impact was bad." I touched his head, and he winces in pain.

This wasn't good. I took him down to the hospital, and before I could make it there, Yamada had already fainted from pain. This wasn't looking good on both our ends.

I pulled up to an available parking space at the hospital. I carried Yamada in my arms, and rushed through the doors. The nurses weren't surprised to see me. They guided me to the emergency room, and soon I was seated in the same horrid waiting room yet again.

I didn't know when I fell asleep, but I did. I was awoken by a nudge on my arm. I slowly opened my lids, and saw the doctor standing before me. His presence made me leap out of the chair. "How is he?"