"Well people don't own many record players. And I call you Little Bear because you remind me of Winnie the Pooh." Julian explains and takes the money I outstretch to him, a 10 instead of a 2.

"In what way?" I ask, squaring my shoulders and puffing out my chest to look stronger. Julian just laughs and ruffles my hair. Receiving a very convincing death glare on my part.

"You've got a big vocabulary and a big heart. Plus Phil called you that one time, don't ask me why. That kid is a weird one."

"Isn't that the best part though?" I mutter, blushing hard when it hits me how lovey dovey that sounded. "Anyway, I've got to go get him, we're leaving soon."

I head towards the back as Julian instructs me to the second door on my left. There are 6 doors in all and I kind of don't want to know what they lead too.

Pushing the door open I step inside, instantly met by a loud moan and somebody screeching. "Phil! Somebody's in here!"

The door slams way to loud to be inconspicuous and I shudder at the sound of a stall door hitting the wall.

Power walk Howell, power walk dammit. I boost myself and race forward and into the shop.

"Woah Little Bear, something got y-" Julian is, cut off by the bathroom door opening and I jump behind him for help.

"Ellery c'mon, we can talk this out." Phil pleads, a man running out of the store at the speed of light. The bell jingling long after he's gone. "Fuck."

Phil crumbles in a way I've never seen before, he hits the ground and begins breathing heavily, holding his legs tight to his chest with another round of curses muttered under his breath.

"Ph-?"

"Was it you?" His head swung to face me and I almost jumped when I saw what's in his eyes, tears.

"Phil I'm sorry. What happened?"

"I know. I know you're sorry. And I'm sorry too, Ellery is such a fucking jackass sometimes and I- I don't know anymore." He sighs, leaning on one of the rows of records. A few tears wetting the knee of his jeans.

"Oh Phil." I utter, sitting next to him and leaning in a dangerous proximity. "I told you he was an asshole. Why'd you go back?"

"I just... he's the only gay guy I know and it's. It's just nice to have someone there you know, and he's good in bed and I... I don't get it. One second I'll be trying to break up with him and the next we'll be fucking in a goddamn bathroom stall."

Phil grows quiet after that, staring sadly at his feet. I go to touch his shoulder but he shuffles and presses my palm to his cheek, nuzzling against it.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask.

"No, you wouldn't understand."

-~-

The record player works like a charm, the sound is a little scratchy but all in all I'm in love with it.

I'm currently lying on Phil's floor, player belting out 'Teenage Dirtbag' and I sing it softly under my breath.

Phil's on the bed looking through the things I bought him. I can tell what he likes by the approving hums and the sorrowful sighs that escaped him with every piece of cloth.

"What is this?" He exclaims, laughing to himself.

"The Pokemon shirt or the Nyan Cat?"

"Étrange, why in the world would you think I would wear these?" Phil laughs but I swear I hear his breath catch.