Chapter 35 : Blossoming roses.

Third person point of view

Aaron was done with work and walked out of the building. He drove the car in the direction of Cecil's office which was not too far from there. He parked outside and got out. He took out the bouquet he bought. He glanced upwards with a small smile. He looked down at the cafe and gave it a thought. 

He decided to take something for Cecil. He walked to go in. He looked inside and saw some customers through the glass window. He was about to walk away when he noticed Cecil inside. He smiled but it froze when he saw a woman along with him. He frowned and quickly walked in. He noticed Cecil laughing as he talked to her. 

He gritted his teeth and walked over in large strides. When he stopped at the table, the both of them looked up. " Aaron ? What are you doing here ? " Cecil asked in surprise. Aaron looked at Cecil and could see his bright eyes and the smile showing he was happy to see him. His heart eased and his face quickly relaxed. 

" I was nearby for some work. I thought I would drop by to meet you ". Cecil gave a big smile. " Come sit down ". He patted the space beside him. The seats were like sofas. Cecil moved to the side making more space for Aaron. Aaron sat down and gave the bouquet to Cecil. " For you ". Cecil grinned taking it. 

The red roses looked really vibrant. He smelled and it was fragrant. He grinned happily turning pink. " Thank you so much. They are really pretty ". Aaron smiled. " No mention ". Cecil chuckled and remembered Lexy was there too. " This is Lexy, my assistant. This is Aaron ". Lexy smiled and nodded. " Hello ". " Hello ". 

Aaron also greeted with a smile. He relaxed completely. So this was the assistant Cecil mentioned from time to time. " This is the Aaron you spoke of ? " Lexy asked with a smile and Cecil nodded. Aaron turned to Cecil wondering what he told her. " You want to drink anything ? " Cecil asked diverting the topic. 

Aaron shook his head. " I am fine ". " Have this at least. It is coffee latte ". " It is alright. You would've made it sweeter ". Cecil sneered. " Fine. Don't drink then ". Lexy smiled. " I will get going ". Cecil nodded. She smiled at Aaron and walked away. Aaron moved a little closer to Cecil. " What did you tell her about me ? " Cecil blinked.

" Nothing much. Just this and that ". Aaron was about to speak but Cecil waved his hand. " That is not important right now. What do you want for your birthday ? I thought hard about it but nothing came to my mind. It feels like you can always just buy them if you want to. So if there is something I can give you, tell me ". 

Aaron looked at Cecil and there was one word in his mind. You. He gulped and looked away. " How about you design something for me ? A suit probably ? I will wear it at the party ". " Really ? " Cecil's eyes went wide. Aaron nodded. " Alright then. I will make it ". He said with a happy smile. " Do you have any specifications or preferences ? " Aaron shook his head.

" You can do as you please. It is up to you ". Cecil nodded. " I will definitely make something really good ". Aaron chuckled. " You really don't want to have anything ? " Cecil asked again. " Nope ". He finished his drink and they walked out. They got in Aaron's car. Cecil went on taxi that day saying he didn't want to drive. 

That was also a reason Aaron confidently came to Cecil to pick him up. They went back home and Cecil rushed to his room. Aaron chuckled seeing his enthusiasm. Cecil started working on the suit with utmost effort. He was done gathering all the material and was cutting them to pieces. He finished it and put them aside. 

He cracked his neck and looked at the sketch hanging on the board in his office. He liked everything about it but it somehow felt like something was missing. He stared at it for a while and sighed. He looked around and his eyes landed on the roses in the vase. His eyes lit up. He picked up his phone and called Lara. She picked up after one ring. 

" Hello ". " Hey, Lara. How are you doing ? " " I am good. How about you ? " " I am fine. You are taking good care of your health right ? " " Yes. Everything is good ". They chatted about how she was doing for a while. " So what is it ? " She asked. " Remember you asked me if I wanted to make something out of the ring ". 

" Yeah ". " Actually use that and also maybe some more metal if you have to and make a brooch. Is that possible ? " Lara hummed. " Sure. I can. What do you want it to be ? " " Roses ". Lara's eyebrows shot up. " If you don't mind me asking, who is it for ? " Cecil smiled looking down. " It is for Aaron ". Lara smiled. 

" Fine. I will send you some designs in the next two days. You can select which you want and I will get it done at the fastest ". " Thank you so much. The ring should be in the right side cabinet in my room ". " Alright ". " Thanks again ". " No mention ". Cecil hung up with a big smile. He was finally happy with the gift.

From that day they met at the cafe, Aaron only saw Cecil's face during dinner. He also wouldn't let him into his room. Aaron tried hard but he couldn't even get a peek. He gave up at the end. He also didn't want his surprise to get busted. He would ask about the progress and Cecil would answer those honestly.

They were having dinner two days before Aaron's birthday party. " I think we should go home tomorrow after work. It will be easy for us ". Cecil nodded. " Will you be going to office ? " Cecil gave it a thought and shook his head. Aaron gave a nod. " I will call you once I am done with work. We can go then ". Cecil nodded. 

They were done with dinner and went back to their rooms. Cecil was done with the suit. He looked at it and had mixed feelings. He wanted everything to go well. He carefully packed it and put it aside. He also packed his clothes for the two days and two extra sets just in case. He also took some other things he wanted and was done packing. He hoped Aaron would like it. 

-MG

Author notice :

I wanted to name it something nice. 😂 And after giving it a thought. There are physically roses and I guess I wanted to use something different from the word feelings. Since they were such nice and I don't know... feeling that can be called love. I used to word rose for it. 😁 I am happy with the title. 😂 

In case you guys forgot, Lara is Cecil's sister in law. 😂 

That was so romantic though. I do think giving flowers is such a nice thing to do. To anyone actually. 😍

My BR was like 'I like how they just talked there itself without misunderstandings because people act like they have no mouth to talk'. 😂🤣 I so agree with it. As someone who is very straightforward, I really don't get it. 😂

Author : You do know your game huh ? (¬‿¬)

Aaron : ( shrugs proudly )

Author : Tsk. I am happy for you.

Aaron : Thanks.