Chapter 21 : Warm embrace.

Third person point of view

The next day, Cecil woke up early and finished his things. He went down and saw Aaron having cereal. " Good morning ". Cecil greeted going to the cabinet. Aaron was surprised. " Morning. Office ? " Cecil nodded. He brought a bowl for himself and had it too. Aaron finished first and got up. " Isn't this the first time we saw each other in the morning ? " 

Cecil chuckled and nodded. Aaron also gave a nod. He picked up a few files which were on the table. " Bye ". Cecil looked up and waved. Aaron walked out of the house. Cecil also finished his breakfast and went to the parking lot. He expected his car to look dusty but it didn't. It looked a lot better than he expected. 

He drove to his office. He handed the designs to Lexy. Lexy nodded looking at them and walked out. He was busy dealing with all the things at office for the whole day. He went back a little later. He saw Aaron's shoes were already there. He looked around but didn't find him anywhere. He assumed he would be in his room. 

He went to his own room and walked out at dinner time. He knocked on Aaron's door. " Come in ". Cecil opened the door. " Time for dinner. I already ordered it ". " I will be there in five minutes ". Cecil closed the door and walked down. When the food arrived, Aaron came down and the both of them had it together. 

Aaron went to his room as he had more work. Cecil watched television for a while and then went to sleep. The next morning, he went to office to talk about the designs. He needed to do a few more. His team had already finished with a few and a few of his were selected too. But there was need for more. 

He went back home in the afternoon. He slept for a while and woke up in the evening. He checked the time and walked out of the room. He went to the kitchen and put on the apron. He started cooking dinner. Aaron walked in and noticed Cecil busy in the kitchen. He was late and it was almost dinner time but he didn't expect that. 

He smiled thinking it really felt like a proper married man's life; to have someone waiting for you at home. It was definitely a nice feeling. " You're late ". Cecil said without turning around. Aaron came out of his thoughts. " Yeah. The meeting ran later than usual ". Cecil gave a hum. Aaron went to the table and noticed there were already two dishes on the table. 

He was astonished. And they didn't look simple either. Cecil brought another dish and put it on the table. " If you change quickly, we can have dinner ". Aaron nodded and went to his room. He took a quick shower and then both of them had dinner. The dishes were nonetheless delicious and they ate till they were full. There was still some left. 

" Don't worry, I will have them in the morning ". Cecil said and Aaron nodded. Cecil got up and put them in containers and then in the fridge. Aaron sat to look out at the city. Cecil also went to sit there. They just sat in silence. After a while, Aaron yawned and glanced at Cecil who looked like he was lost in thought. 

" You don't want to sleep ? " Cecil's mind stopped wandering. He shook his head. " You can go ahead. I will go back in a while ". Aaron nodded and got up. " Can you turn the lights off on your way ? " " Sure. Don't stay up too long ". Cecil nodded. Aaron only let the mood lighting be and turned the others off. He went to his room and fell asleep. 

Aaron woke up after a while and sat up. He picked up the bottle to drink water but it was empty. His throat felt too dry. He sighed and walked out to go to the kitchen. He went to the fridge and took out a bottle. He drank and turned to look around. He saw a person sitting on the chair and choked on the water. He coughed and put the bottle away. 

He took deep breaths to calm down. He walked from there and went to Cecil. " You really want to give me a heart attack, don't you ? " He asked half seriously. He did get a bad scare this time but he wasn't that mad. Cecil looked down fumbling with his fingers. " Sorry ". He replied in a small voice. Aaron didn't expect a serious apology. 

He was not sure how to respond to it. He scratched his head and looked around clueless as to what to do. He turned to see Cecil's expression. He realized something was wrong. Cecil cooked so much in the evening and from the look of it, he never went to sleep at all. Aaron walked up to him and sat on his knees in front of him. 

He tilted his head and he could see Cecil's expression clearly. Cecil looked troubled and was pinching at his palm. Aaron quickly took Cecil's hands in his. Cecil didn't meet Aaron's eyes. " Did something happen ? " Aaron asked in a soft voice. Cecil slowly shook his head. " Cecil ". Aaron called out. Cecil took a shaky breath in. 

" I... " He gulped. Aaron could feel Cecil's hands squeezing his a little. " There is lot on my mind. That's all. A little stressed from work ". " Is this a little ? " Aaron asked. Cecil didn't say anything. Aaron rubbed Cecil's knuckles. Cecil felt the warmth of Aaron's hand seep into his own. His hands were engulfed in Aaron's. 

Aaron looked up. " I won't force you to tell me what it is, but there will be no use if you just go in a spiral of thoughts. You will be stuck in a loop. So give it a small break and then get back to working on it. If it doesn't work then try again. Not like you haven't had ups and downs in work ". Cecil nodded slowly. 

Aaron let go of Cecil's hands and stood up. Cecil looked up at Aaron. " How can you just sit here ? You will catch a cold or even worse, fever. Then you really won't be able to work. Get up ". Aaron nagged and Cecil obeyed. Aaron closed the distance between them and hugged Cecil. Cecil was startled. 

He slowly raised his hands putting them around Aaron. Aaron rubbed Cecil's back and pulled away with a smile. " Don't worry. It will all go well ". Cecil looked at Aaron's face which had the light from outside illuminating his side profile. Cecil blinked and he felt his brain cool down. He opened his mouth to reply. " Yeah ". Aaron smiled. 

" Look at you, being all cool again ". Cecil joked making Aaron laugh. Aaron then shrugged with a haughty expression. Cecil chuckled. Aaron shook Cecil's head making him scrunch his nose. He chuckled when he saw Cecil's expression. " Go to bed now ". Cecil walked to go to his room. Aaron also followed him upstairs. 

Cecil stopped before entering his room and turned to Aaron. " Thanks ". Aaron smiled. " It is nothing. Quickly go to sleep ". Cecil smiled. " Good night ". " To you too ". Aaron replied. Cecil walked in to his room. He did have problems previously but he was alone back then. He would just mull over it for a while and finally come out of it after. 

But now, when Aaron spoke to him it made his chest feel all warm and fuzzy. It really did help him relax and get out of it a lot sooner than when he was alone. Cecil smiled and went to bed. He didn't know what to say about it, except that it felt nice. Very, very nice actually. He closed his eyes and fell asleep peacefully.

-MG

Author notice :

Awwwww~~  Aaron is so caring. 🥺🤧 That was so sweet of him. And I see some nice progress. Next chapter is kind of my favorite. 👀

I did think if I should describe Cecil's feelings with some complicated and big words. But sometimes it really is not like that. It is not that easy to find words for it. So I kept it more simple.

Author : So you can be a nice guy too. 

Aaron : It depends on who though.

Author : Tsk. (¬_¬ ) I know.

Aaron : ( smirks ) good.

Author : ( rolls eyes )