Chapter Eight

Peter

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you get it now?" Her voice. It sounds so sweet and such like a princess as I use to call her. It's hard to stay focused on this session while Danielle is explaining to me all about this exam coming up. If this can be like this every day, I would be able to get her back into my arms.

"Yeah, I think so now" I said noting everything down in my book. We have been at this for at least an hour and I seem to can't stop listening to her soft voice. I even gave her little stares her way when she is not looking at me.

If this is not a dream that I have Danielle in my room again I would fall on melt to my knees to replay this memory over my brain, over and over again. I smile when Danielle started to write things down, I love when she keeps herself busy it makes her more interesting to get to know her. And the way she has her hair up in a messy bun; she hates when she is working on writing her book or homework that she hates her hair getting in her face it annoys her.

The amount of things I have known about Danielle since I came into the Bay, I have known her better than anyone she knows. I know her better then her friends, better then her Mom, better then Emma. 

"What?" Danielle asked looking up at me with a little grin on her face showing her teeth.

"What?" I repeat after her shaking my head. Danielle chuckle at my response, I look her smile it brights up my day whenever I am feeling down.

"Why are you looking at me with those eyes?" She asked putting down her pencil and roll to sit on her stomach.

"What eyes?" I asked her acting all innocent to her. But I do have a smirk that I am hiding inside me and trying my best to hold it back.

"You know what I am talking about Hills" She said tilting her head to the side. She always does that when she is serious.

"You just- I like when you are so focused," I said telling her the truth. In what I said I can see a slight redness start to appear on the apples of her cheek. I love when she gets all flatter when I tell her the truth, it makes her look cute.

"Well uh" Danielle said flipping through her textbook to try and change the subject.

Classic Dani.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked her.

I need to ask her what I am holding back, cause I still have hope for everything that has happened between us. I need to know if she still have hope and that maybe we will be able to be together again someday in the future.

"It depends on what you are asking?" She said leaning her hand on her chin while looking up at me with those blue eyes of hers. I love her eyes.

"If you had to choose between me or Emma what would it be? What difference that night would happen?" I asked her.

I see her lips parted a bit. When she looks at me I can see she is taking a minute to think about this. Dani is not the kind of girl that gives a straight answer, not like Emma would.

"If I could take back everything that night and if I had to choose between you two. I would not choose any of you because even when I loved you and Emma was my friend I didn't want to get hurt by both of you so I had to do the right thing it was not because I did not lie to you it was to protect you, and now if I get into another situation like that night I would choose myself. Because the only person you could choose is yourself to believe in when you can not get hurt by your deamons" She explains.

I listen to her every word, I never stopped her. I needed to hear what she thinks and what she wants to get off her chest. All this saying she told me realize that we only live once and some mistakes can't be fixed so what could be the best move to hang with her?

"Right" I said nodding my head to her.

"Is not that I don't love you. It's just I was hurt" She said taking my hand giving it a squeeze. Her touch gave me sparks and shivers around me, it still feels as if we are still in love. I always love the way she touches my skin it seems to calm me down, make me feel relaxed. Physical touch was always my favour thing to feel.

"Dani I get it, but can we still be friends?" I asked her looking her straight in the eyes like we always use to do. Dani wet her lips at my question.

"Friends? After what happened this summer?" She asked raising a brow at me.

"It's in the past I want to know you as a friend" I said rubbing my thumb over her the top of her hand.

"Okay but we are just friends got it not lovers, not exes who fuck and not friends with benefits got it" She pointed out to me. She is still the same Dani I still know and love but she is still changed into a new person I have picked up the pieces with her. I have notice she has been lost, and sad and even loney when she is not with Jasmine.

"Got it" I said with a smile on my face.

"And one more thing; Emma can not know of this" She said but she does not need to worry about Emma anymore. Instead of telling her that I just nodded in responce.

After that I notice Dani stated to yawn I can see her eyes getting tired as well, it looks like she has not really gotten enough sleep due to her blood shotting eyes I saw this morning.

"You should sleep, take my bed I'll sleep on the floor" I said to her closing are books away.

"No it's fine plus the floor will be uncomfortable" She said in her sleepy voice.

"Your tired sleep" I said but Dani has already fallen asleep.

Her shut tightly. I smile at her and moved her to sleep on my pillow, it feels like when we use to sleep in the same bed when we were together. I kiss her lightly on her head after I tuck her in and I slide in next to her.

If this is what friends do now then this will be the begin of our friendship and not friends with benefits.