Onai's warning

The dim lighting made traversing the large study nearly impossible. The abandoned castle was a great hideout, but was far too close to civilization for them to not be discreet. The tapping of heels brought the man out of his daydream. Looking up, he grinned at the sight of the woman approaching. The woman stopped before the desk that he sat at, her hands folded in front of her as she smiled down at the man.

"Mister Rookwood, I bring you valuable information." The woman spoke sternly. She reached inside of a satchel and pulled out multiple papers. "I've learned quite a bit about the child we are after."

"Such a doll you are, Carina. What have you learned?" Rookwood took the papers from the witch's hands, watching with amusement as she bundled up a wanted poster and tossed it to the side. "Still trying to take those down I see. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, love, but that won't help much. Our names are everywhere." He pursed his lips at the frown that appeared on Carina's face. Pushing her disappoint to the side, he glanced down at the papers, eyes widening at the information that he was taking in.

"Lambkin." He breathed. So this was little Aya? The same young girl he had spent many days playing with as he visited her family. How he adored that sweet child, and how she adored him. He was practically jealous of her family. A couple who loved each other dearly, and a daughter as sweet and perfect as little Aya. He always wondered what had truly happened to them. After the unfortunate accident that led to the death of John Lambkin, Rookwood hadn't seen or heard from the family. Only rumors.

Many years ago, Rookwood worked under a man who simply went by X. X would assign his "employees" certain jobs. They would be paired with many people from around the world. Even muggles. Rookwood had been assigned to work with John Lambkin during his time working under X. He believed the family to be nothing more than a normal muggle family, but was sorely mistaken. There was always something so peculiar about them that he couldn't quite put his finger on.

John Lambkin's daughter was merely 3 years old when he first met the family. He recalled quite fondly when he first entered the house and met them. "That's my wife, Jolene." John had told him, pointing at the short dark haired woman who busied herself with a card game. That's when a young girl came running into the room, her arms immediately wrapping around her father's legs as she greeted him. John stumbled, biting his lip to keep from berating the girl. "And this is our daughter, Aya." He introduced the girl. Aya wasn't shy at all. In fact, she opened up to Rookwood almost immediately; wanting him to play games with her. He grew very fond of the young girl not long after.

"Do you know her, sir?" Carina snapped him from his thoughts with her question.

"I was an acquaintance of her family many years ago." Rookwood spoke with a smile. "Our paths had crossed and we became friends. That was until John went and got himself killed. Strange, rumor has it that Mrs. Lambkin went mad after the death of her husband and killed her children in the midst of a fit of rage. I grieved for Aya for so long." His eyes were glossy as if he was on the verge of tears. "She's alive!" He laughed.

Such a sweet young child. Unaware of the dangers that her own father was putting her entire family in. Foolish man. Rookwood had concluded that he was either mad or never truly cared for his family. He was pleased to know that Aya was indeed alive, yet devastated that he had to hunt her down. How had he not seen it earlier? He knew that look she had given him that day in The Three Broomsticks. He knew those eyes. But putting the name "Aya Lambkin" to them hadn't even crossed his mind. According to rumors, Aya was dead. Murdered by her own mother.

"There's been a change in plans, Carina," Rookwood spoke. The witch lifted her head, eyebrows raised in curiosity. "Do whatever it takes to bring the girl to me. Find a way into the school if you must. But no harm is to come to her, and she is to be brought to me, not Ranrok. No matter what you're told."

"But, sir, Ranrok specifically stated-"

"She will be turned over to him in due time!" He interrupted the woman, raising his hand. "But I want her first. There's some catching up that the two of us have to do. Understood?"

"Yes sir." Carina nodded, turning to inform the others.

*****

"Brutality had stricken the small town of Benfilt, innocent wizards and witches being burned at the stake by angry muggles. In a series of events so brutal that Benfilt no longer exists. It's history forgotten to muggles. Now, what caused such brutality? Why were wizards and witches being hunted down in only this town? Why is Benfilt gone and completely forgotten about? Well, the story begins in 1725."

Aya rested her head on her hand as she listened to Professor Binns's voice continuously drone on. She took notes of what he was saying, not that the information registered in her mind. She had never felt so tired in History of Magic before, this class was in fact one of her favorites.

"Believe it or not, the series of murders began over jealousy." Binns spoke as his ghostly form glided about the classroom. Jealousy? Aya was jealous. Jealous of everyone who was free at the moment. She'd much rather be hunting down the strange type of Ancient Magic she had found the other day. "A muggle had fallen in love with a witch. However the witch did not reciprocate the love. She was in love with another witch, whom she would marry. The jealous muggle did not take so kindly to this news." The ghost continued. She wondered what information Isidora would give her next. Realizing her mind was wandering away from class, she shook her head and attempted to continue listening.

"Professor Binns!" The door to the classroom slammed open. Causing the rest of the class to come back to reality. Sebastian, who had fallen asleep during class, nearly fell out of his seat. Professor Onai stood at the doorway, her eyes wide. "I need to borrow Gaunt, Sallow and Lambkin!" She spoke, her voice shaking with every word. The ghost nodded and the three began packing their things.

Aya could feel her heart pounding as she followed Professor Onai to her classroom. "She knows," she thought. "She found out about what I'm doing. Of course she would, she's a seer!" Her stomach was twisting and turning into knots. Finally the three of them made it to her classroom where they each took a seat.

"I had three different visions. Each concerning you." The professor spoke. As she attempted to pour them a cup of tea, her hands shook, causing her to drop the pot. "Reparo," she stammered.

"Professor, perhaps you should take a seat." Aya suggested, grabbing the woman's hand.

"I must inform you of my visions. They are very serious! Mister Gaunt," Onai began, kneeling before Ominis. "The near future brings trials and tribulations. Choose your actions wisely, betrayal is inevitably on your path."

Ominis dropped his head to the floor, his hands shaking. "Gods," he breathed. "Thank you, Professor."

"Mister Sallow," Onai turned to Sebastian. "Great danger lies in your future. Trust those around you, do not fight against them. What will happen is inevitable. Going against this guarantees certain death."

Death? Is something going to happen to Sebastian? No, no she can't lose him! She needs him! Aya felt as if she was going to faint. Not Sebastian. Please, anyone but him.

"Miss Lambkin," Aya tensed up at her name being called. Attempting to look up to the professor felt impossible. Her head was heavy. She shook with fear. "A damning truth is to be revealed. Trust will be broken. Do not turn away from those who offer you comfort, you will lose them. Your future reveals years worth of lies. Heartbreak and great pain will come."

Heartbreak? Ominis and Sebastian will experience traumatic if not life changing events and all Aya will have to deal with is being sad? How ridiculous! How cruel! It wasn't fair. Why couldn't she experience the bad things? Why did her friends have to go through hell? Without saying another word Aya grabbed up her books and hurried out of professor Onai's class. Vision flooding with tears.