Chapter 6

Warning: Mature content, Dubcon, Edging

A week has passed since Wanda last heard from you.

After you dropped off Sparky at her apartment, she attempted to invite you in for a chance to explain herself, but you firmly declined and hastily departed without uttering a single word or even casting a glance in her direction. Somehow, the situation has deteriorated further than where it's been months ago.

Like in the past, Wanda repeatedly tried calling you and sent detailed messages. She genuinely tried to convey that she hadn't meant to hurt you and apologized profusely. As the days passed, her messages took on a more desperate tone, begging you to just tell her if you didn't want any contact. Yet, you gave no response, leaving her in agonizing silence. After some time, her calls wouldn't go through, and a warning sign began appearing next to her texts, signaling delivery failure.

The implications were clear.

You've finally blocked her.

She understands now that it was the wrong thing to say. All those times you both tried for a baby, the highs of hope and the lows of disappointment–it all came rushing back. To you, her words might've seemed like she was pinning that hurtful past as the cause for her straying. But that wasn't her intention. God, she wished she had chosen her words more carefully.

Wanda simply meant to express that she had imperfections she once thought she could overlook. But life, with all its complexities, had a way of bringing those flaws to the forefront. She wasn't using them as excuses for her mistakes; she only wanted you to understand the tangled web of emotions and reasoning that had clouded her judgment.

Lately, she's toyed with the idea of just showing up at your place. But given the unpredictable shifts in your demeanor, the mere thought of being met with a cold shoulder and turned away chills her to the core. Worse, it might just prompt you to move out of Natasha's apartment and consequently, out of her life for good.

Wanda dares not take that risk. She's experienced the pain of losing you three times, and each departure cuts deeper than the last. How many more times does she have to lose you in order for her to learn how to keep you?

__________

"This isn't what I ordered."

Wanda stares blankly at the customer for a moment. He'd barely taken a sip before deciding the drink wasn't to his liking, now more engrossed in his tablet than addressing the issue.

"You asked for an Iced Americano with oat milk, two pumps of sugar-free vanilla, and one pump of hazelnut syrup," Wanda states, recalling his precise order without hesitation.

"No water," he responds flatly, looking every bit the detached businessman in his immaculate suit.

Wanda mentally kicks herself; she had missed that specification.

"Sorry about that. Give me a moment, and I'll have it corrected for you."

Wanda quickly shifts to the coffee station, her hands moving on auto-pilot. "Alright, let's do this right," she murmurs to herself as she starts crafting the drink again. Each ingredient is poured with practiced precision, the result of countless hours juggling complex orders. She fills the cup with ice, giving it a little shake to settle everything.

However, right before she can serve it, another customer comes up to the counter, with a mild complaint about their paninis.

Wanda swiftly resolves the panini issue and, without missing a beat, presents the revised drink to the businessman. She sets the cup down gently, holding her breath as he samples it with a cautious sip.