I Hate This When Artist Open Their Commission

21 August 2023

4 days 1 month till my birthday.

Finally, another blog after long time haven't been active, but i really do isn't that active, right?

4 days left for Fortnite battle pass to expired, i'm still at level 176, i just need to unlock the last bonus page of battle pass, i'm not sure if i could grab the all. I still have lot of things to do and i want to play other games, like New Vegas or Team Fortress 2, i guess i should visit xp farm more often before the college even that took me 1 month staying on the countryside.

I'm on 7th semester now, the thesis will be the main concern beside me trying to find a job to survive as an adult.

No, i haven't considering to open a Patreon or such because i don't have any audience for now, if i already have few, i might open for it

You read the title, let's talk about today's topic.

I really like to commission, yes. I love to throw my money to artist to draw what i want. Since i live in 3rd world country, the currency for USD, which is the international currency that usually used by most artist (Unless local artist) is very expensive, so yeah. It almost took half of my wallet just to see my favorite character or oc having fun times together. Me and artist really happy, i got my art that i wanted and artist got their money to fulfill their tummy and paying bills.

And i do have a pet peeve regarding of artist opening their commission.

It was the lack of commission menu when they claimed to be open commission. Then if the customer wanted to know the price, they must contact the artist via dm.

Yes, I hate this so much.

It's a mandatory for artist to post their commission menu so potential customer could read the price before they commissioning said artist or at least making linktree or carrd.co for it, why? Because 95% chance after artist revealing their price in dm, the customer will ghosting  the artist later on, and the artist should be expect for this since the customer may lack of funding.

And other reason is customer sometimes isn't confident enough to contact the artist just to knowing the price they have for their art then ghosting the artist, both party eventually feel uncomfortable. Now this is the reason that I Ialways have beside me doesn't have enough money to buy the commission.

I'm kinda shy and sometimes doesn't want the artist to let down after they revealing the artist, i kinda feel guilty after knowing the price and wanted to bury my face to the ground and never speak to them (Artist) again.

So, to me. Artist MUST have the commission menu in posted in their social media, anywhere else. Not only showing the price but also showing some of the portofolio you have, and also you can tell what stuff you can do and can't do to draw.

This is like you (Artist) opening a restaurant but you don't have the menu, instead you have a waiter that tell every price of the menu on the restaurant, after revealing the price, either the customer leave or stay, most of the time they'll leave because they don't have that much money to buy those lobster mac n cheese you have.

I guess that's all, if you're an artist and have a commission open, please. Make the commission menu, it's not that hard and it won't took you 24 hours, probably you can done it 30 minutes or 2 hours.

You must do it.

Do you want to be ghosted later on? You want your dm to get bloated by lot of customer just to ask the price of your art?

No? 

Then fucking DO IT!