Chance

VALERIA POV

   After that boring meeting I needed to get out.  Since the meeting, I had been lying down on my bed, imagining our training tomorrow.  My men were not going to want to train with his and I'm sure his would not train with mine.  We would see, we would see.

   "I'm here girl!" Mell barged into my room.

   "Yes, lets go out to my club," I responded.

   "One, not in pajamas.  No matter how hot you look in those pants, I will not let you go to the bar like that. Two, not to your bar.  There is always some unnecessary problems there with allies or enemies," She said.  She sounded already drunk.

   I didn't have the heart to tell her that wherever we went, there was going to be a problem eventually. So I just agreed with her despite knowing that we could get in serious trouble for going somewhere unguarded.  I live for the thrill.

   "Okay."

   "Omg, I cant believe you agreed.  So lets go to this place call the Goober Place. There is this really cute bartender that would be good for you," She rattled. 

   I agreed? Goober Place? Cute bartender? It was good I don't recognize the bar, so that means it is not another mafia owned bar. That was weird, most bars had some background from a mafia.  Worst case I would just end up in fighting some dick head that wanted to mess with me.

   Before, I realized clothes after clothes were thrown in my face. Shoes, pants, jeans, shirts, and dresses. I hate those. 

   "Please you need to wear a dress. Omg, yes. You would look so cute. Plus it's short so you would be able to kill easily."

   Despite being my friend, I do not hesitate to put her in her place. I stand up with laser fast speed and push her against my bed.  The wall would have been better but the bed worked.

   "I do not wear dresses unless I need to. And I dont!" I yell.

   "Oh come off it, Val," Mel tries. She acts as if she isn't scared but her eyes show it all. I see the fear and I love it and hate it out the same time. 

   I let her get up. She starts trying to laugh it off, muttering about how I'm such a funny friend.  She wouldn't remember this tomorrow since she was already drunk. No matter what, she will not tell me what to do. I am the fucking donna.

   When I get married, I'm going to make my husband go to a ball in a dress and me in a suit.

   "Lets, go. I will be going in my beautiful pajama pants." I remark.

   We start down the stairs, and I hear talking and laughing.  I wonder who it is at the same time not caring who the hell it was. Then I heard him speaking.

   Oh shit, the Spanish peeps were here.

   We were already too far down the stairs to turn back around.

   "As you have already met my daughter, and this is her best friend Melissa," My dad says pointing between us as if we didn't have a heated meeting in the morning.

   "We were waiting for you to start dinner," My mother says.

   Shit.  I had forgotten about the dinner.  Too bad for them, I guess. I step an inch closer to my dad and whisper to him, "Start without us. We are going out." I see my father tense.

   "You will not leave," my dad commands me.

   I smile. 

   "I am so sorry Mr. and Mrs. Torres but it is my friend's birthday and we had scheduled to go out with our group for a long time," I lie. It was such a smooth lie that even if Melissa broke it, I could still find away to defend it.