Teaching // Jake

Emmy was a teacher in Preschool. She's doing that job for 2 years now, in a town called Frankenmuth. Actually, she was transferred. They said to Emmy that they were searching for teachers because no one wanted the offers. Emmy didn't understant why and accept, finding a good reason to see another town, she wanted something to change, so she said yes.

This morning, her boss told her that 2 new kids should be here. She finished to pack everything in the class, before heading the front gate to opened the small school. She see a lots of parents with their kids, some of them happy to be here, some don't. Emmy keep smiling at them when she lets the kids enters the schoolyard.

When Emmy was ready to close the front gate, she saw a woman with two chlidren, headind towards her.

- I'm so sorry Miss, their dad was late so I've to took them to school and didn't see the time. The woman was out-of-breath and a little bit embarrassed.

- Don't worry ma'am, it's alright. They must be the new kids ? Emmy conclued, seeing the new faces in front of her.

- Yeah, it's them. The woman smiled, giving a kiss to the two boys beside her. She said goodby and leaves.

- So, you're ready to get in. Emmy said to the two boys, who looked the same, they seems to be twins, she tought.

the two boys noded their head, following the young woman, in the class, every kids were doing something, Emmy liked the fact that most of the kids were already independent. But in the mass of the kids in the class, she saw the two boys from earlier, sitting on a chair, doing nothing.

- Hi kids, you don't want to play with the others ? Emmy asks, saw their shy faces.

- But we have no friends in here.

- You don't want to see if you can make friends ? Emmy kneeled beside them, everytime this situation happened, she tried her best to make all the kids comfortable.

- Actually, can we stay with you ? With their soft brown eyes, Emmy couldn't said no, so she noded her head, taking a chair and sat beside them.

________________________________

The day was finally finish, and it was now the weekend. Emmy told to all the kids to go to the hallway, all ready to go and find their parents. Emmy help some of the kids with their coats ,and leaves to go opened the front gate. There were already some parents, some of them talking to each other, letting some kids to play a little bit more before leaving.

One after one, the kids were leaving. And after a few minutes, Emmy remarks that the only ones left were the twins. She smiled at this thought, thinking about a very lazy dad. After thiking this, Emmy saw a men, not very old at all, heading towards the twins. Both of them screaming to their dad, who seems tired.

- Hi. The man get closer to Emmy, who was about to close the front gate.

- Oh hi, I'm Miss Emmy. Emmy stretched her hand to the man in front of her.

- I wanted to say sorry for this morning, I didn't heard the alarm clock, so my mom took them. The man in front of her seems to be very embarrass.

- Don't worry, the boys were so kind, and they stayed all the day by my side. Emmy smiled about this fact, waving at the twins.

- Thank you again, for the twins.

- It's my job after all. Emmy giggle, closing the front gate. But before she can go away, the man interupted her.

- Uh, are...are you free tomorow ? I know it's weird but you seems nice and I wanted to apologize. The man in front of her scratched the back of his neck, being shy.

- No need to apologize but yeah, I'm free. Emmy smiled in return. She was ready to leave again when the man wave at her.

- I'm Jake by the way.