"And for those boys that carried out the delivery, have you added the money to their paychecks?"

"Yes sir, I did that first thing this morning".

"Well, you will deduct thirty thousand naira each from their paychecks because I don't like to waste my clients' time. Time is very important and you know that. That is infact the first lesson for new recruits. What are they teaching them these days?"

"Yes sir, I'll do just that. Should I suspend them from taking deliveries for a while also?"

"Yes that's fine. Two weeks will do. And get me the details of their chief. Tell him to see me first thing tomorrow morning, he has a query to answer."

"Sure sir, anything else?", Abdul asked but it seemed his boss didn't hear him at all as he was already on the telephone.

"Tell Ada to come up here with my coffee I'm hand. Quick! because I don't like to wait ", he dropped the phone and sank back in his chair, leaning his head on the back rest.

"What do I have next on my schedule?", he asked lazily, gently massaging his temple with his fingers.

Abdul picked out a small diary from his pocket and flipped the pages quickly before answering.
"You have a meeting with the board by eleven. That's about an hour's time".

"Fine".

Abdul stood from his seat unsure whether or not to leave as he didn't know if his boss was done with him yet.
A knock came from the door and he looked at it expectantly. After what seemed like a whole minute, the door opened to reveal a tall, beautiful, sexy looking young lady standing just in front of it.

She wore a red bodycon dress which stopped just mid thigh. The dress also had a deep cut neckline which revealed a great amount of cleavage. Well, the lady didn't care apparently as she had a huge smile plastered on her face and a small tray with a cup of coffee in hand.

She walked graciously towards Sir Paul and bent to drop the tray on his table while giving him a generous view of her breasts. He swallowed deeply and she moved towards him slowly, swaying her hips seductively as she walked.

When she got to his side and sat on the table before him, he glanced upwards to look at her and his features formed into a frown as he saw Abdul standing a few metres away from the chair he sat on initially.

"Abdul!", he thundered. "Shut the door behind you".

Abdul bowed one last time as he walked towards the door and walked out, remembering to close it as he left.

                              * * *

Detective Apata was silent as he sat in the passenger seat of Chuks' car in the company of two uniformed officers as they drove to Golden Enterprises. They had booked an appointment to see the CEO and they decided to go together so as to save costs.

The investigation of Mr Gold's murder had proved futile even up until that very moment. There were a lot of people with one reason or the other to want him dead, but none of them seemed brave enough to have committed the act. His friends and immediate family had all been interrogated but none was found guilty. Even his company staff had been questioned but they all had nothing on them.

Everything narrowed down to the final suspect —his wife. She had seemed really affected by his demise at the press conference earlier on but anybody could've pulled up such a stunt. At this point in his career, he couldn't be fooled by foul play and tricks often played by criminals. Though Apata and his team had been absent from the conference, they had briefed themselves with clips of it and analyzed the whole thing critically. They had even tried to find out more about the deceased's widow but to no avail as she was a very private person. Really private to the point that no picture or information about her was aired publicly on social media which made it difficult for them to come to any predictions or conclusions about her before meeting her. Hopefully, meeting her would be able to shed more light on the case than it had already, they thought.