2

Layole sat on a long leather three-seater-couch with her two children nestled beside her at either side. Seated across from them was Mr Gold's elder brother who was fondly called 'olori ebi' as he was the oldest man in the family. With him were his two other sisters and mother alongside Mr Gold's personal lawyer and legal adviser.

They were all seated in the lush living room of the deceased and his family and were dressed in black regalia from head to toe as was custom for people in mourning. It was the day scheduled for the reading of Mr Gold's will and everyone was eager to hear it as the man in question was a billionaire. Well, much to the amazement of all present, the lawyer presented a hand-written document made by Mr Gold before his demise. He cleared his throat and read it out. It read thus;

The cause of my death must be clearly ascertained before my original will is read. If it is due to any natural cause or pre-existing medical conditions, then it is to be read immediately after I am laid to rest. But if otherwise, the person(s) behind my death must be apprehended before my will is read. Prior to the reading of my will, my wife Layole should be left in charge of all my properties both home and abroad. The shares I own in different companies no matter how small should also be left in her care. She should attain my position as the CEO/ Founder of Golden Enterprises as she is the chief signatory to all my accounts. My lawyer should give her a full list of all her entitlements so she can be familiar with them.
Sameer Akintunde Gold
(His signature)

Deafening silence filled the ears of everyone there as they had all come expectantly hoping to leave with 'a little something'. Infact, rumors had it that olori ebi was seen some days ago at an expensive car lot pricing cars. "What a laugh!", Layole scoffed aloud. These same old money mongers.

While they were still trying to wrap their heads around what they just heard, Layole got up and strictly ordered everyone of them to get out. "Haba you this girl, how can you chase me out of my son's house?", mama cried out. Layole didn't even spare her a glimpse. They all left and she shut the door. She then gave the maids some orders and headed straight to her room.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Layole stood by the window staring out at the magnificent view. "All this is mine" she said to herself rather mockingly. Of course the view was nice, wasn't it Aerodrome GRA in Samonda? The whole mansion which she still couldn't get herself to call home felt so empty. It's been over a month since Sameer's death yet she couldn't say whether she missed him or not. May his soul rest in perfect peace? Hell no! Not after all he'd done. No, it just can't be.

In her hands were the divorce papers which she had tried to get him to sign a month before his death which he had bluntly refused to. God must really love her so much that he gave her an easier escape route from one hell of a marriage she was in.

She walked towards the dresser as she put on her earrings. She stared at the woman in the mirror, the woman she'd become over the years. She didn't look a day over 40 as there were no wrinkles or spots on her face and skin, neither were there any lines on her forehead and her hair was still as black as ever. But she was!

She was 42 and what many others would call fulfilled. "Mmph, what a lady", she said to herself. Her train of thoughts were abruptly disrupted by the beep from her alarm clock. As if on cue, there was a knock on her door signalling it was time for her to get going to work.

She was to resume that morning as the new CEO of the biggest agro-business company in the country. "Oh Sameer, you flatter me a lot", she said with a smug smile on her face.

* * *

Author's note

Yeah guys we did it again. Thanks for your support so far. You can do well to check the ranking of the book. We've gone up!!
Don't forget to vote for ur fav book and leave comments 😘😘. Thanks

Xoxo.